Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DIYers
05-21-2010, 10:12 AM
RE: DIYers
(05-20-2010 10:51 PM)Janie Wrote:  
(05-20-2010 10:42 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  You do fabulous work!

Thanks! I can't put it into words how much I enjoy this. Many of these objects would have ended up in a landfill somewhere. I love taking old pieces of furniture that you know has history and give it new life. Putting on that first coat of paint is so rewarding! A few items I've ended up selling only because I couldn't find space, or a good use, in the house. I usually make a decent penny on those.

I love that animal print chair and the cedar chest! Very talented!

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-2010, 07:04 PM
Here's a blanket my wife just finished a couple of days ago.

[Image: DSCN4667.jpg]

She's finalizing some embroidery work for my racing team logo then I'll have an "official" race team shirt. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
06-17-2010, 02:43 PM
I am currently re-painting my main floor and the hubby is going to rip out the carpet and replace it with slate. We are tearing the carpet upstairs out and replacing that with tile. I have 4 dogs and 2 cats and carpet is just a pain to keep clean with mud and such.
06-17-2010, 02:46 PM
(05-28-2010 07:04 PM)ForceTen Wrote:  Here's a blanket my wife just finished a couple of days ago.

[Image: DSCN4667.jpg]

She's finalizing some embroidery work for my racing team logo then I'll have an "official" race team shirt. Big Grin

She did a beautiful job!

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-18-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm starting small. We did paint some rooms here and there, but for true DIY, I just bought a pair of candlestick lamps from Goodwill. They are god-awful pink. I'm going to paint them with a brushed nickel paint, then try to find some nice lampshades. I may even get fancy and re-wire them with black cords instead of the white on them. We'll see.