Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Favorite Knives?
09-07-2010, 06:20 AM
RE: Favorite Knives?
In school, I used Wustof knives, but have since moved on to Henckels. As with all students, I had an entire 16 piece kit that I *thought* I needed, but have since slimmed down to four main knives; an 8" chef, a 6" utility, a slicer, and a small parer. What else do you need? Smile

If it can't be great, why do it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2010, 04:16 PM
(09-07-2010 06:20 AM)Chef B Wrote:  In school, I used Wustof knives, but have since moved on to Henckels. As with all students, I had an entire 16 piece kit that I *thought* I needed, but have since slimmed down to four main knives; an 8" chef, a 6" utility, a slicer, and a small parer. What else do you need? Smile

Santa Clause thought I was very good this year and brought me 4 WONDERFUL Henckels knives.
I got them in time to use them Christmas day, and oh what amazing knives.
I still have my Chicago Cuterly knives, but those will be the second string now (clapping hands with glee!)

"Life ain't like books.
Books got somebody writin' 'em and tryin' to entertain ya.
Life is more like a set of Legos.
Unless you take care of 'em, you lose a few pieces and you end up steppin' on 'em with bare feet.
You gotta take care of your life."
~Laura Moncur
03-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Has anyone heard of Victorinox knives? My SIL just bought a set and is really impressed with them so far.

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-07-2011, 12:24 PM
Hi Bagel,

Well if they are the same as the Swiss Army Knife brand - I bet they will be very good.

Does the logo have a white cross on it like the Swiss flag?

Living the dream over here in Blighty
03-07-2011, 08:52 PM
(03-07-2011 12:24 PM)NWoBHM Wrote:  Hi Bagel,

Well if they are the same as the Swiss Army Knife brand - I bet they will be very good.

I don't know, however, I did send her a message asking her. She may have those knives.

A party without cake is really just a meeting
03-08-2011, 02:37 AM
(03-07-2011 08:52 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  
(03-07-2011 12:24 PM)NWoBHM Wrote:  Hi Bagel,

I don't know, however, I did send her a message asking her. She may have those knives.

Hi Bagel,

I am pretty sure they must be the same - Victorinox manufacture the Swiss Army Knives, (usually red multi purpose knives with toothpicks, saws, scissors, usb flash drives more recently etc) the US Leather Man is a much beefier heavy duty type of thing.

They are brilliant - I have owned a few and would never leave the house without one - so I am guessing they also do kitchen knives - it would be an obvious brand extension for them - and I would guess they would be brillliant too - those Swiss do know how to make quality things.

04-09-2011, 11:05 AM
[quote='ForceTen' pid='1481' dateline='1273889979']
[Image: 519HRJS5RXL._SS500_.jpg]

A good Ka-Bar can be used for darn near ANYTHING!

HaHaHaHa!!! Too funny!!! My son is a Cpl in the Marine Corps. We both have Ka-bars.
However....in the kitchen I have an old set of nice Henkels. My husband wants to get Wustaf's though. I'm more of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" type.

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
04-11-2011, 09:31 AM
We have a set of Henckels. My Hubby is in TV and does some freelance work for a guy who produces cooking shows. As a thank-you he gave us a set of knives. But being from Russia, he made us give him a dollar in return -- there is a superstition that giving a knife to a friend will "cut the friendship." We we happy to make the trade Wink

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
04-11-2011, 09:34 AM
Quote:there is a superstition that giving a knife to a friend will "cut the friendship." We we happy to make the trade

Got the same superstition here in the UK, as well as never giving a purse or wallet as a present without money in it.......

04-11-2011, 10:52 AM
Hubby got me a nice set of Wusthof's few year's back. I love them.