Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cookies
12-01-2011, 12:45 PM
RE: Cookies
Almost time to dig out my recipes and find all the ingredients to start baking again!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2011, 01:50 PM
I hear you on that.. butter, 1/2n'1/2, flour, sugar, eggs, spices and vanilla extract all in their respective places waiting to made into something sweet and delicious.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
12-12-2011, 10:00 PM
I made shortbread......sigh....heaven!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Shortbread-...etail.aspx

Did this twice, once like the recipe says, and once no-wheat. Both turned out lovely!
My measuring stick for shortbread is Walker's, and in my opinon this recipe is just as good as Walkers!
Going to do this again and dip them in chocolate...mmmmmmm!

"Life ain't like books.
Books got somebody writin' 'em and tryin' to entertain ya.
Life is more like a set of Legos.
Unless you take care of 'em, you lose a few pieces and you end up steppin' on 'em with bare feet.
You gotta take care of your life."
~Laura Moncur
12-13-2011, 06:39 AM
I think Ghiradelli also makes Mint Chocolate Chips, which make for a FABulous alternative to the regular old chocolate chip cookie. Oh wait! It's Andes...also found at Wally World. Recipe on the back.

(08-29-2011 10:17 PM)Lulu Belle Wrote:  I found white chocolate chips made by Ghiradelli at Walmart of all stores.....

Boomer puts Triple Sec in his Chocolate Chip cookies...Yummo :-D

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food."
W. C. Fields
12-13-2011, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2011 03:07 PM by 2Beers.)
With the cold weather approaching these are always good with a cup of coffee or a glass of milk.

Gingersnaps

3/4 cup of butter
1 cup dark brown sugar--packed tight--
1/4 cup of molasses
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract

2 1/4 cups flour--sifted--*
2 tsp. baking soda*
1/2 tsp. salt*
2 tsp. powdered ground ginger*
1 tsp. cinnamon*
1/2 tsp. ground cloves*
1 TBSP. bitter cocoa powder*
(* mix these things in a bowl and set aside)

1/2 to 1 cup white sugar set aside in a bowl.

In a mixer cream the butter. Then add in the sugar, molasses, egg, vanilla and beat until the mixture is light color and fluffy in texture. Add in the dry ingredients mixing well until it is an even brown color. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours to overnight.

When you are ready to bake them, preheat the oven temp to 350 degrees and lightly grease your cookie sheets.
Scoop the dough into 1 - 1 1/2 inch size and form them into balls. Roll the balls into the reserved white sugar place about 2 inches apart on the pans and bake for 8-11 minutes.
Let them cool for 1 minute and then place them onto cooling racks to finish. Store them in a cover container.
It makes about 3 dozen, but it depends on the size cookie you make.

RN, sorry I should have taken a read thru the thread 1st. Our recipes are almost the sameBlush

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
12-13-2011, 10:54 PM
MMMMM, gingersnaps! Our son (4yo) looooves 'em. I've never done homemade, just might have to try these!

Just curious.....what should the final texture be for this cookie? Crispy (i.e. "snappy")? Seems that the store-bought ones are always crispy, just wondered if there was a softer version....

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
12-14-2011, 09:27 AM
They aren't like the store kind where they are hard as a rock, but can still be a bit soft if stored in a sealed plastic bag or container and if you leave them out then they tend to be a bit crisper. It's been awhile since I've made them( about a year Big Grin) and my crew never lets them sit around.

04-11-2012, 06:34 AM
What is one to do when the White Chocolate Coconut/Macadamia/Almond Bark didn't quite turn out as planned....I used it in another form as "chunks" and made cookies with it.

On page #3 I used my 3 Chip recipe and substituted the Bark for the chocolate chips.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-11-2012, 04:23 PM
(04-11-2012 06:34 AM)2Beers Wrote:  What is one to do when the White Chocolate Coconut/Macadamia/Almond Bark didn't quite turn out as planned....I used it in another form as "chunks" and made cookies with it.

On page #3 I used my 3 Chip recipe and substituted the Bark for the chocolate chips.

Those look severely delish!

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....
05-15-2012, 12:28 PM
It's National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day! Sending out some Toll House Love Heart to the world today Smile

"Hope is what remains to be seen."- Bubba