Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Milwaukee, Wisconsin (July 3rd :Summerfest)
06-29-2010, 11:05 AM
RE: Milwaukee, Wisconsin (July 3rd :Summerfest)
Happy News for those of you who want to meet up with people from here and other boards: 3:00 outside Jojo's Martini lounge on the south end of the grounds.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2010, 11:07 PM
Hubby and I went to see the Moody Blues on Wednesday night, and it was a zoo when everything let out all at once. My piece of advice is to park at one of the outlying facilities (for free), and pay to take a bus to the grounds. It's only like $6 per person (bring exact change because they won't give you any), and it's well worth it to let somebody else drive, especially if you are not familiar with the roads in the area.

I would also add that if you are looking for dessert, check out the Cedar Crest ice cream stand in the Miller Lite Oasis. My 7 year old son was drooling over this enormous cone that a lady had, so I went and asked her where she got it. Waffle cone, full of ice cream, all for $3. I also thanked her for helping my kid eat all his dinner - I told him he wasn't getting ice cream if he didn't finish his chicken. He saw her cone and almost inhaled the rest of his food! I got something called a coconut joy sundae, and it was heaven in a cup. They have several different flavors of ice cream, shakes, malts, sundaes, etc. and it's all very reasonably priced.
07-03-2010, 07:20 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2010 07:22 AM by Nettie.)
(07-02-2010 11:07 PM)zenjen Wrote:  Hubby and I went to see the Moody Blues on Wednesday night, and it was a zoo when everything let out all at once. My piece of advice is to park at one of the outlying facilities (for free), and pay to take a bus to the grounds. It's only like $6 per person (bring exact change because they won't give you any), and it's well worth it to let somebody else drive, especially if you are not familiar with the roads in the area.

I would also add that if you are looking for dessert, check out the Cedar Crest ice cream stand in the Miller Lite Oasis. My 7 year old son was drooling over this enormous cone that a lady had, so I went and asked her where she got it. Waffle cone, full of ice cream, all for $3. I also thanked her for helping my kid eat all his dinner - I told him he wasn't getting ice cream if he didn't finish his chicken. He saw her cone and almost inhaled the rest of his food! I got something called a coconut joy sundae, and it was heaven in a cup. They have several different flavors of ice cream, shakes, malts, sundaes, etc. and it's all very reasonably priced.

It definitely takes a long time to get out of the grounds if you park down there. It took an hour last week, but we waited until almost midnight to go to the car, then didn't get out of there until 12:45.

Meet ups are at 3:00 or 4:00 at Jojo's Martini lounge. 3:00 for us early people, 4:00 for those who come later.

07-04-2010, 10:03 AM
I hope everyone had fun last night. I was happy to meet 2beers(both of themSmile, and hope that everyone has fun in town this weekend, or for the length of time that you are here.

07-05-2010, 08:07 AM
Yes we did have a good time meeting you Nettie and everyone else. Smile

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic