Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Grilling Beer Steaks: which way do you prefer?
05-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Grilling Beer Steaks: which way do you prefer?
Which is the preferred way to cook your food?

I heard that there are some chefs who grill with beer. They would soak the beef or chicken over night in beer to get that tender and delicious taste.

I also heard if you can't wait that long, you can place the steak on top of beer cans and grill it like that. When the beer evaporates, it's soaked in the meat.

Then there is this.

[Image: chickenongrill.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-2010, 05:57 PM
RE: Grilling Beer Steaks: which way do you prefer?
Looks like it is taking the sun...lol.
05-31-2010, 12:56 PM
Never done this, but I imagine you could do it for less than "overnight" as marinades usually only can penetrate so far into the meat. One way to get better absorption is to sear the outsides of the steak, then marinate. Damaging the outer layers of the meat will lead to better absorption. If you don't do it this way, 4 hours usually works pretty well.
06-02-2010, 09:11 AM
I remember once I was making a TV dinner in the oven, and it somehow got a hole in the bottom of it and was dripping gravy out, so I got a beer can and set it in the bottom of the oven to catch the drips so I could finish cooking it. The paint on the exterior of the beer can then proceeded to bake off into a toxic stench, and the dinner tasted bad and I had to throw it out. Just sayin. Something to think about before you start grilling beer cans.

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
06-08-2010, 09:51 AM
I HIGHLY recommend this recipe. I LOVE Beer Chicken! My neighbor gave this recipe to me a couple of years ago. It makes the chicken so juicy and tender. Plus it looks hilarious Big Grin

I have purchased two different stands for cooking the Beer Chicken as well. One is from a Bass Pro shop and it has a cauldron that enables you to put anything you want in it. I've tried several concoctions just out of my head.

Lemon & Orange Juice
Herbs & Spices
Other types of alcohol

It works great in the BBQ or oven!

But if you want a guaranteed nice juicy roast chicken then just put one of your favorite beer's in a can up the chicken's arse and ENJOY!!!

FAITH is fear and doubt standing in HOPE. Angel