Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.25 Average
Great Reads
04-22-2016, 03:30 PM
RE: Great Reads
I don't always shoot photographs, but when I do, I shoot a lot.

--The Most Interesting Man in the World

"I don't cook; I prepare things." My late brother Bill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2016, 02:14 AM
I know this is a "book" thread, but I felt compelled to add in a photo comment. I was guilty of taking a lot of pix when I first started "getting serious" about it, but then only coming away with one or two ok-ish images. Now that I've been taking all these photo classes (fine art photography, not commercial), I find myself taking way less. I see things differently and find myself willing to wait for the right moment to shoot, or even creating the right moment. I don't "spray and pray" anymore. One professor had us read a Sontag piece and half the class loved it while the other half hated it. I can't recall the piece or exactly how I felt about it, but I appreciate the fact that the faculty has exposed us (ha, photo pun!) to different views and theories of fine art photography.

That is all. Carry on. Shy

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
04-26-2016, 06:02 PM
You seem to have prospered from the classes.

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
05-09-2016, 07:51 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2016 07:52 AM by BrianW.)
Currently reading "Roses and Rot" by Kat Howard. In this debut fantasy novel set at an elite artists colony, only the best will emerge to dazzle the world. But at a price some may not be willing to pay. Would you?

Season's Greetings!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-12-2016, 05:51 PM
The Hearts of Men by Nickolas Butler, author of Shotgun Lovesongs - look for it early next year.

Season's Greetings!
12-13-2016, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2016 09:28 AM by Nung.)
For me lately it is lightweight stuff: As You Wish by Cary Elwes. It is of course his memories of the filming of the movie "The Princess Bride."

Great fun.

12-14-2016, 06:56 AM
That is a staff pick here at the store as well. And I get to use the book title when asking folks at checkout if they prefer to use their credit card as credit or debit.

Season's Greetings!
12-14-2016, 09:27 AM
(12-14-2016 06:56 AM)BrianW Wrote:  That is a staff pick here at the store as well. And I get to use the book title when asking folks at checkout if they prefer to use their credit card as credit or debit.

How fun to hear.
The movie is such a kick.