Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.25 Average
Great Reads
05-27-2018, 08:09 PM
RE: Great Reads
Lately the books I’ve been ready are Mother Gooose Nursery Rymes and other assorted reading material of that sort.(The grandson just turned one. He loves being read to besides looking and flipping pages in his books)

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2018, 09:21 AM
(05-27-2018 08:09 PM)2Beers Wrote:  Lately the books I’ve been ready are Mother Gooose Nursery Rymes and other assorted reading material of that sort.(The grandson just turned one. He loves being read to besides looking and flipping pages in his books)

I used to take all sorts of shortcuts when reading a book to my friends's kids. It was always hilarious when they caught me doing it. LOL

"I don't cook; I prepare things." My late brother Bill
10-19-2018, 04:47 AM
I hear you there. Bedtime became theater when I'd do all the different voices and make it too action-packed, thereby guaranteeing at least another hour before sleep or Hagrid needed another beer!

For you adults I highly recommend "Where the Crawdads Sing" by Delia Owens. Great story and observations of the natural world.

Shifting & Drifting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-22-2018, 04:21 PM
(10-19-2018 04:47 AM)BrianW Wrote:  I hear you there. Bedtime became theater when I'd do all the different voices and make it too action-packed, thereby guaranteeing at least another hour before sleep or Hagrid needed another beer!

For you adults I highly recommend "Where the Crawdads Sing" by Delia Owens. Great story and observations of the natural world.

It sounds interesting. Thanks, Brian!

10-23-2018, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2018 05:54 PM by 2Beers.)
Grandson loves dinosaurs. My SIL’s brother is a huge fan of Godzilla and has started the grandson on watching the classic movies. Our next door neighbor’s have a lawn care and nursery business and last month had a family farm day. They had different vendors selling things. I of course had to check out the book seller and found a quite interesting dinosaur book.
One thing tucked away for Christmas for the little guy.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
01-05-2019, 08:14 PM
Fav book for 2018?
Fiction: Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
Nonfiction: How To Be A Good Creature by Sy Montgomery, and If You Love Me by Maureen Cavanagh

Shifting & Drifting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-14-2019, 06:33 AM
At a slow pace I have just completed reading MYTHOLOGY, by Edith Hamilton. Copyright 1942. I thought I'd give it a go, because the boss (NEP) has written many lyrics on the subject, and I wanted to brush up and learn some new things. Wow, I had no idea there were so many GODS, n GODDESSES!!!

Trying to save the day for the Old World Man!
[Image: avatar_7108.jpg?dateline=1535034322]
01-14-2019, 10:27 AM
(01-14-2019 06:33 AM)New World Man Wrote:  At a slow pace I have just completed reading MYTHOLOGY, by Edith Hamilton. Copyright 1942. I thought I'd give it a go, because the boss (NEP) has written many lyrics on the subject, and I wanted to brush up and learn some new things. Wow, I had no idea there were so many GODS, n GODDESSES!!!

Yes, indeed. That must say something about our species' needs.

I just made it through the various books on producing the Beatles. George Martin's book, Ken Scott's book, and Geoff Emerick's were the three. Fascinating.

08-20-2019, 06:02 PM
Latest for me is Phil Collins autobio.
Wowsers, what a ride that one...ole Phil has had quite a mix of great stuff and terrible stuff.

I wish there had been a bit more substance about the first half of Genesis. It is breezed over quite quickly.