Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spinoff: Homemade hot sauces?
05-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Question Spinoff: Homemade hot sauces?
Another thread called Favourite bottled hot sauce? got me thinking. Has anyone made their own hot sauce? I'd like to give it a go, but have no clue where to even start. Huh

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2010, 12:38 PM
RE: Spinoff: Homemade hot sauces?
Well.....according to Mc,Ilhenny and Co, in the Habanero Sauce, its vinegar, habanero pepper, cane sugar, tabasco pepper sauce, (mix of vinegar red pepper salt), salt, mango puree, dried onion, banana puree, tomato paste, tamarind puree, papaya puree, spices. garlic, tabasco pepper mash, (pepper and salt). The missing bit of course, the ratio of what to what? But a mixture of vineger, (olive oil maybe?) and spices and tomato puree would be a start.
I think I read somewhere that JR Robinson, (Session Drummer?) when not playing the drums, grows chili`s and (I think) makes sauces with them. Maybe Brutus could ask Bubba to ask JR??
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply