Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Dutch Treat Restaurant Spartansburg, PA
05-26-2010, 04:52 PM
The Dutch Treat Restaurant Spartansburg, PA
I started working here as a busboy when I was 13. This place has very good down home cooking that resembles the region's home cooking. There is a Pennsylvania Dutch/Amish influence. Breakfast-Lunch-Dinner served very reasonable prices. This place is a destination, the whole town really. It's where I grew up until I was forced south to Houston. If you are in that area make a cruise over there, especially on 2 wheels. It will be a great back country drive. There's not a single traffic light or local cop in Spartansburg, PA. Just look out for slow moving amish buggies.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2010, 10:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2010 02:12 AM by ZanJay.)
RE: The Dutch Treat Restaurant Spartansburg, PA
You had a good story about you in that restaurant. You're so proud also that it became a great destination in the town. It could be the greatest restaurant in the town because of some attractions.

Cincinnati Dining
06-07-2010, 12:30 PM
RE: The Dutch Treat Restaurant Spartansburg, PA
(06-06-2010 10:54 PM)ZanJay Wrote:  You had a good story about your life in that restaurant, and your so proud that they became a great destination in the town. It could be the greatest restaurant in the town because of some attractions.

Actually. It's pretty much the only restaurant in town. There is a Tavern right across the street that makes a decent fish fry on Friday, but that's about the only other place to eat. To go there during Labor Day week of September would be ideal as the Spartansburg Community Fair is taking place. Fall leaf peeping is also a great time to explore this area.