Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What new movies have you seen?
06-28-2010, 03:51 PM
RE: What new movies have you seen?
(06-21-2010 03:19 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  
(06-21-2010 02:52 PM)valhalla66 Wrote:  This past Saturday I saw Toy Story 3 in 3D. Excellent. I got a little verklempt toward the end of the movie, Disney has a way of doing that to me. The baby doll looked identical to one I had growing up, right down to the pen scribbles on it that looked as if someone tried to wash them off. Good times.

We sat TS3 last night and I wish that I had taken tissues with me! My 13 year old was sobbing too. I cry everytime I see "UP" too. Pixar sure knows where to tug on the emotions!

I also was a bit tearful with ToyStory3. Where the baby and that other dude were left behind. Kinda ripped me back to some old wounds long forgotten. Then seeing the babies eye drooping after being left behind as to suggest the long term effects of stress of the whole situation, Wow! I was touched. Good movie. I liked the Karate Kid a lot too. The bad kid in this movie is seriously great.

Don't talk smack about Total!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2010, 07:12 PM
We're so out of date. Finally saw Shutter Island. Good, but weird movie. Makes one think...
06-30-2010, 11:57 AM
I was ANGRY with Shutter Island. I don't mind a good psychological thriller, but Shutter Island was marketed as a horror flick. Then you get to the theater, and d'oh! No horror. Irritates me to no end when the studios do that. I get very limited chances to watch movies in the theater these days, don't like wasting them.

We went to see Toy Story 3 over the weekend. My 2.5 year old was less than impressed. I never saw the first two, but I thought it was pretty good. However, do these people realize that you likely have an audience full of kids. 20 minutes of previews, followed by a 7 minute 'warm up' cartoon is NOT cool. Most kids were antsy halfway through the thing. Give the parents a break and just START THE MOVIE!
06-30-2010, 10:33 PM
Watched Couples Retreat and Leap Year. Both good comedies. Not on par with the likes of Caddyshack but entertaining none the less.
07-03-2010, 07:53 AM
Went to 2 movies this week.

The Last Airbender in 3D, I enjoyed it! Lots of action and not for the little kids. I only saw 2 kids younger than my 13 year old there. I give it a thumbs up!

The Twilight Saga Eclipse. The movie was good but it was rushed. The book is just over 600 pages long and the movie only 2 hours, so much to put in, so little time. The battle scenes were fantastic! Loved seeing the Vampires Dismembered, there were at least 3 beheadings shown head on (hehe) along with Wolves ripping apart Newborns (new Vampires). The love scenes were in as well, the scene where Edward proposes and they discuss having sex were well done. Noteworthy was the hilarious scene where Bella's Dad tries to give his Daughter the sex talk. Some great comedic lines. Overall I give it a mostly thumbs up.