Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mmmm... curry...
05-28-2010, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2010 11:37 PM by Irezumi_Muzan.)
Mmmm... curry...
[Image: curry.jpg]

Being British, I am expected to consume large amounts of curry. I am finding everything a bit too spicy right now though so decided to make my own...

Boil one diced sweet potato. Fry up a diced onion in a little bit of oil with one teaspoon of garam masala and two teaspoons of curry powder/paste/whatever you prefer. Throw in a can of chick peas (garbanzo beans?), two lumps of frozen spinach, and two diced tomatoes and cook until spinach is soft. Add the cooked sweet potato. Ensure everything is covered in the curry mix and serve.

It is mildy aromatic rather than having the horrible hot kick of certain curries. I like it Smile

With all of my dietary restrictions, I'm left with lipstick and water
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2010, 02:50 PM
RE: Mmmm... curry...
(05-28-2010 11:36 PM)Irezumi_Muzan Wrote:  [Image: curry.jpg]

Being British, I am expected to consume large amounts of curry. I am finding everything a bit too spicy right now though so decided to make my own...

Boil one diced sweet potato. Fry up a diced onion in a little bit of oil with one teaspoon of garam masala and two teaspoons of curry powder/paste/whatever you prefer. Throw in a can of chick peas (garbanzo beans?), two lumps of frozen spinach, and two diced tomatoes and cook until spinach is soft. Add the cooked sweet potato. Ensure everything is covered in the curry mix and serve.

It is mildy aromatic rather than having the horrible hot kick of certain curries. I like it Smile

This looks lovely. I will try it! I am vegan and also cook with curry and other really hot spices all the time. Personally, I like the heat and am always looking to turn it up a notch! Chickpeas are a staple in my diet.

I haven't yet written down any of my recipes. In the kitchen I usually just "wing it" and hope for the best. (So far, no big disasters with that approach, thankfully!) I am getting pretty good at cooking some very satisfying vegan dishes. There is a LOT more to veganism than just lettuce leaves! Big Grin

Holly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-25-2011, 02:53 PM
RE: Mmmm... curry...
Thats looks fabulous and yet so simple! I'm not vegan or vegetarian but do love meat free meals.
Find all posts by this user