Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What are you listening to?
03-01-2012, 01:49 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2012 01:50 PM by VincentUlyssis.)
RE: What are you listening to?
Writing reports today...

...listening to RUSH "Hold Your Fire."

"Time Stands Still" moves me.

It's funny that back in the 80's when I was still a teen, I hated everything they did from Grace Under Pressure on...didn't like the new sound.

Then I hit my thirties and rediscovered them right after Vapor Trails came out and bought all of the CD's in between.

All of that stuff is freakin' great.
Oh crud! Did I violate a rule or something again???!!!! Am I going to get a visit from Spike now?

"Thank you porcupine, may I have another?"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2012, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2012 02:34 PM by Nung.)
(03-01-2012 01:49 PM)VincentUlyssis Wrote:  Writing reports today...

...listening to RUSH "Hold Your Fire."

"Time Stands Still" moves me.

It's funny that back in the 80's when I was still a teen, I hated everything they did from Grace Under Pressure on...didn't like the new sound.

Then I hit my thirties and rediscovered them right after Vapor Trails came out and bought all of the CD's in between.

All of that stuff is freakin' great.
Oh crud! Did I violate a rule or something again???!!!! Am I going to get a visit from Spike now?

Yup! A common thing. Most folks who keep an open mind will often find that something that didn't appeal to them in the past suddenly seems great once some time has gone by.

I am listening to the new Steve Howe album "Time." Lovely music! Mr. Howe just gets better and better!

"I don't cook; I prepare things." My late brother Bill
Find all posts by this user
03-01-2012, 08:01 PM
(03-01-2012 01:49 PM)VincentUlyssis Wrote:  Am I going to get a visit from Spike now?

Now THAT was funny...

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
03-01-2012, 08:23 PM
I am listening to the new Steve Howe album "Time." Lovely music! Mr. Howe just gets better and better.

Haven't heard that one. Gotta check it out. Mr. Howe is definitely one of the best. Some would argue the top of the list.

Following my morale compass
03-01-2012, 09:42 PM
(03-01-2012 08:23 PM)RaoulDuke Wrote:  I am listening to the new Steve Howe album "Time." Lovely music! Mr. Howe just gets better and better.

Haven't heard that one. Gotta check it out. Mr. Howe is definitely one of the best. Some would argue the top of the list.

oh yeah, the top of the list, with Lerxst a close second, but hey, I was a Yes fan before I got introduced to the boys.

03-02-2012, 05:51 AM
RUSH, RUSH and more RUSH. I've been an binge listening to RUSH for the last 2 months. I'm 53 yrs young and just started to pick up the guitar.
I'm interested i learning how to play some RUSH songs for my enjoyment.
03-02-2012, 09:01 AM
Knee deep in Annual Professional Performance Review reports...

Listening to Geddy Lee "My Favorite Headache"

EXCELLENT CD!!!! Often overlooked...

Really Muffster? I was actually funny?

I don't even try to get myself in trouble. It just happens naturally! Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-03-2012, 03:44 AM
(03-02-2012 05:51 AM)bytor1958 Wrote:  RUSH, RUSH and more RUSH. I've been an binge listening to RUSH for the last 2 months. I'm 53 yrs young and just started to pick up the guitar.

Oh my gosh, you're my doppleganger! I've been on a Rush kick since I saw them August 8, 2010. I had a lot of catching up to do since I had been out-of-touch since GUP. Same age, too.

I also just picked up the guitar. Well, again. I played when I was younger but I put it down when I was about 22. I decided to pick it up again soon after the TM show and started working on the Boyz's songs. Once I finally figured out how to read tabs that made things so much better. I can recommend some tunes that are less difficult (not easy-none of them are easy) if you like. Send me a PM. My Hubby (Renaissance Man) tells me that if I can learn Lerxst's stuff, everything else will be a breeze. Here's hopin' Wink

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
03-03-2012, 10:09 AM
(03-03-2012 03:44 AM)Scythe Matters Wrote:  
(03-02-2012 05:51 AM)bytor1958 Wrote:  RUSH, RUSH and more RUSH. I've been an binge listening to RUSH for the last 2 months. I'm 53 yrs young and just started to pick up the guitar.

Oh my gosh, you're my doppleganger! I've been on a Rush kick since I saw them August 8, 2010. I had a lot of catching up to do since I had been out-of-touch since GUP. Same age, too.

I also just picked up the guitar. Well, again. I played when I was younger but I put it down when I was about 22. I decided to pick it up again soon after the TM show and started working on the Boyz's songs. Once I finally figured out how to read tabs that made things so much better. I can recommend some tunes that are less difficult (not easy-none of them are easy) if you like. Send me a PM. My Hubby (Renaissance Man) tells me that if I can learn Lerxst's stuff, everything else will be a breeze. Here's hopin' Wink

I used to play, but ended up getting out of it a few years ago. I still have my old Washburn KC-20V(1991 model), we used to shred the rythym parts. I`d like to try to get back into it just to jam to. Well, who knows...

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
03-04-2012, 03:03 AM
Go for it, SG! Why not? If an old bird like me can learn, you sure can, too!

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!