Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What are you listening to?
11-21-2011, 06:38 AM
RE: What are you listening to?
Nice way to start the day with that tune. Thanks Perzon.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2011, 09:19 AM
Pete Townsend's White City.

Shifting & Drifting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-21-2011, 02:14 PM
(11-20-2011 09:49 PM)CanyonDancer Wrote:  
(11-20-2011 09:45 PM)Gungawoman Wrote:  Hubby went back to the valley today with the crazy Texan neighbor, so I'm flying solo for a couple of days. I'm watching/listening to "Backstage Secrets". It's a 2 DVD set about everything concerned with putting on a Rush concert-specifically Snakes and Arrows.
Unbelievable! 250 minutes worth of amazement. One of the best segments is on the instrument techs. Lorne said he ideally needs 2 1/2 hours to set up Neil's drums! It really makes you appreciate attending a concert EVEN MORE. Highly recommended!

I have that one too. I'm a bit of a stagehand myself and honestly, I got bored for some of it. Gump's bit was way cool and the two guitar tech's were cool as well, but some of it got a tad dull for me.
Then again, I only watched it once. Maybe I should watch it again. Confused

You're right CD--it was a tad long....but what a production!

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
11-21-2011, 03:21 PM
A little "mechanical music" on a Monday afternoon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdZcg21MF2E

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
11-21-2011, 07:36 PM
(11-21-2011 02:14 PM)Gungawoman Wrote:  You're right CD--it was a tad long....but what a production!

For sure...I'd work with them, given the chance...oh yeah!

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
11-22-2011, 01:35 AM
Definitely! I can do a lot of things.... with a spouse that's been in TV production for 30 years, I've learned quite a bit.

I've been looking at that DVD for months now, wondering if it's worthwhile. Now that I know it is, it's going onto my Yule list!

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
11-22-2011, 12:21 PM
Why does it say last post by somebody else and it's still mine. Did you delete the posts or is there a bug in the frying pan. Happened twice now. Just wondering?
11-22-2011, 12:35 PM
(11-22-2011 12:21 PM)Perzon Wrote:  Why does it say last post by somebody else and it's still mine. Did you delete the posts or is there a bug in the frying pan. Happened twice now. Just wondering?

I thought it was just for me...this Thread always does that: I get an email that there is a new post(and see the beginning of the text) but when I click on the link and go to the site that post is not there. It usually doesn't show up for a few more DAYS! I am perpetually several days behind on this Thread. Kooky!

"I don't cook; I prepare things." My late brother Bill
11-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Will never be fixed it seems:

http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta/...hp?tid=745

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
11-22-2011, 02:22 PM
(11-22-2011 01:44 PM)Rey Wrote:  Will never be fixed it seems:

http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta/...hp?tid=745

Thanks Rey. Now they are all there and some more too. This bug needs to be fixed. Seems some replies are comming in all wrong. If you reply on a post be sure to get the quote from that post, otherwise it's hard to see what you are replying on. Does that make sense or am I talking Swedish chef again. Undecided Will not post about this issue here anymore. Sorry folks for being off topic. Now back to what it's alll about. Listening to Lindsey Buckingham - Go Insane (new Version) http://youtu.be/oGrOqhQvDC4
Fleetwood Mac The Dance is one of the most awesome concert i ever seen/heard on a DVD. Was spelled by the perfomance from those guys. Seen them live 3 times, went all the way to Tampa Bay in 2003 from Scandinavia to see them (Without Christine thoughSad), Got a bonus-concert with Neil Young that played at the same arena the day before (Or was it the day after?)