Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What are you listening to?
03-06-2011, 01:49 PM
RE: What are you listening to?
[quote='2Beers' pid='10965' dateline='1299435739']
The Hubby has a IPOD mix going with some Alabama Thunderpussy, Mastodon, RUSH(of course), Clutch, Thin Lizzy, Neurosonic, Nickleback, Motorhead, and some Tora Tora.
[/quote

Ok, I've never heard of that first one that you listed, but, no offense intended, it made me laugh!

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2011, 01:58 PM
(03-06-2011 01:49 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  [quote='2Beers' pid='10965' dateline='1299435739']
The Hubby has a IPOD mix going with some Alabama Thunderpussy, Mastodon, RUSH(of course), Clutch, Thin Lizzy, Neurosonic, Nickleback, Motorhead, and some Tora Tora.
[/quote

Ok, I've never heard of that first one that you listed, but, no offense intended, it made me laugh!

Thin Lizzy is coming to the Sound Board. I might get VIP.

I eat, therefor I am.

2011 Ironman Lake Placid - Finisher
Find all posts by this user
03-06-2011, 02:21 PM
I must live under a rock....I am not exactly familiar with Alabama Thunderpussy.

Maybe I should ask if Mr Husby has been taking his blue pill?

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
03-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Quote:Thin Lizzy is coming to the Sound Board. I might get VIP.

Lucky bloke Dan - presume that will be John Sykes?

Living the dream over here in Blighty
03-06-2011, 07:03 PM
The daughter's boy friend gave the Hubby the scoop on Alabama Thunderpussy. They did a remake of Jethro Tull's Hymn 43.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
03-06-2011, 07:56 PM
This is getting pretty bad when you have to turn to your kids for answers on some of this - although both my daughters started giggling like looneys when I asked them.

03-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Starting to get into country again. I need it when it's time to focus on the family.
03-07-2011, 07:08 PM
Was laying in bed last night flipping thru the channels - one of my favorite channels is HDNet - in part because they play concerts from various artists in a live venue. One I caught last night that I always love and enjoy is James Taylor. Just him and a keyboardist....nothing else. I'll probably get flogged for this, but James Taylor, to me, is one of the best live performers ever. What a voice, a talent, and some very timeless music he played.

03-07-2011, 07:20 PM
(03-07-2011 07:08 PM)boomer Wrote:  Was laying in bed last night flipping thru the channels - one of my favorite channels is HDNet - in part because they play concerts from various artists in a live venue. One I caught last night that I always love and enjoy is James Taylor. Just him and a keyboardist....nothing else. I'll probably get flogged for this, but James Taylor, to me, is one of the best live performers ever. What a voice, a talent, and some very timeless music he played.

You can't go wrong listening to James Taylor!

A party without cake is really just a meeting
03-07-2011, 07:27 PM
No - I dont think you can either, but for me JT is much more personal and emotional. I listened to a TON of JT in a time of my life that I had some life changing struggles, and every time I hear his music I think about those times. Its a really deep personal thing but its one that I came out of with some really deep emotional scars. But - that was a long time ago - but his music sure does make me feel good!