Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What are you listening to?
05-21-2011, 04:54 PM
RE: What are you listening to?
(04-07-2011 08:11 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  An old girlfriend tracked me down on Facebook last night. Normally, I don't respond to "friend requests". Kids from the paintball field hit me up all the time after I teach them to be more effective killers and such, but I use it to keep track of my daughters.

A girl I dated all through junior high and after graduation spotted me, sending the message: "Just wanted to say hi. My God Michael - you are still a hottie!!"
Now - I ask you... fellas... how could I not at LEAST say thanks???
Every female reading this right now is saying: "Oh no you didn't."
Completely innocent, trust me. Cujo knows she is my sweetie.

Anyhoo - I started thinking about all of the music (which I equate with every moment of my life), and realized that even when I was still in school (gradgitatted in 79') that "All The World's A Stage" was the most incredibly influential work that I had discovered. "2112" was worn completely out... twice, as was ATWAS. Amazing that something that had so much meaning - so many years ago, still has the same emotions and drama and love and heartache and... dammit... <sniffle>
Boomer, pour me a Mac 12 will ya mate? make it four fingers tall.

THIS girl says be careful....

Jethro Tull Benefit will do me whilst painting a 3RD coat of KILZ in the spare bedroom!

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-2011, 07:30 PM
Listening to the new Foo Fighters CD "Wasting Light". A lot harder overall than the previous album, though that's sort of a given as Butch Vig produced it. I love it. If I were going to compare it to another FF CD, maybe "The Colour And The Shape". I don't have a lone favorite track - "White Limo" sounds a LOT like Queens of the Stone Age. "Rope", "Miss the Misery" and "These Days" are probably the standouts for me.

Oh - and if you're looking for a DVD to tide you over til the new Rush live DVD comes out - "Live Love in London" by King's X. Been a hardcore fan of these guys for 20 years and this DVD contains so many of the reasons why.

Meow.
05-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Mumford & Sons...British Bluegrass Folksy Blues...what???

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food."
W. C. Fields
05-28-2011, 10:58 PM
(05-28-2011 09:01 PM)debskis Wrote:  Mumford & Sons...British Bluegrass Folksy Blues...what???

That's who that is! The alternative station here has been playing this song forever, but I couldn't catch the band's name.
The Cave

05-29-2011, 07:00 AM
(05-28-2011 07:30 PM)KatSkahnne Wrote:  Listening to the new Foo Fighters CD "Wasting Light". A lot harder overall than the previous album, though that's sort of a given as Butch Vig produced it. I love it. If I were going to compare it to another FF CD, maybe "The Colour And The Shape". I don't have a lone favorite track - "White Limo" sounds a LOT like Queens of the Stone Age. "Rope", "Miss the Misery" and "These Days" are probably the standouts for me.

Oh - and if you're looking for a DVD to tide you over til the new Rush live DVD comes out - "Live Love in London" by King's X. Been a hardcore fan of these guys for 20 years and this DVD contains so many of the reasons why.

Meow.

We are taking the middle one to see the Foo Fighters in September.
05-29-2011, 07:27 AM
(05-28-2011 10:58 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  
(05-28-2011 09:01 PM)debskis Wrote:  Mumford & Sons...British Bluegrass Folksy Blues...what???

That's who that is! The alternative station here has been playing this song forever, but I couldn't catch the band's name.
The Cave

YES!! Love them!! Just bought album on iTunes...I'm always giving my brother in-law crap for listening to weird stuff, but he hooked me on these guys a couple weeks back. Of course now that they are getting radio play, he'll say he's not into them anymore!!

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food."
W. C. Fields
05-29-2011, 10:45 AM
(05-29-2011 07:27 AM)debskis Wrote:  

The Cave

YES!! Love them!! Just bought album on iTunes...I'm always giving my brother in-law crap for listening to weird stuff, but he hooked me on these guys a couple weeks back. Of course now that they are getting radio play, he'll say he's not into them anymore!!
I'm privately addicted to bluegrass and Irish fiddle music(I guess that's not "private" anymore) so they fit right into that type of music.
I will have to tell my sister about them. She's more addicted to folk/bluegrass/Irish music than I am!

05-29-2011, 01:17 PM
PT - Deadwing
05-29-2011, 02:26 PM
(05-29-2011 10:45 AM)nettiesaur Wrote:  
(05-29-2011 07:27 AM)debskis Wrote:  

The Cave

I'm privately addicted to bluegrass and Irish fiddle music(I guess that's not "private" anymore) so they fit right into that type of music.
I will have to tell my sister about them. She's more addicted to folk/bluegrass/Irish music than I am!

Nothing wrong with admitting that Nettie! folk/bluegrass/Irish music is cool!

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-29-2011, 08:04 PM
nettie - if it would help, if yur gonna listen to bluegrass - SCOOT THE HECK OVER and lemme listen too! I listen to Allison Krauss Ricky Skaggs Orange Bottom Boys....love bluegrass. I aint too proud to admit that bluegrass holds a special place for me. I guess my favorite is Allison Krauss (wuf!) but there are tons of bluegrass artists out there who can tear it up. Yeah I am always a rocker, but bluegrass makes me feel like the hillbilly I am!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user