Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What are you listening to?
09-20-2011, 12:29 PM
RE: What are you listening to?
(09-19-2011 11:38 AM)boomer Wrote:  Got Joe Bonamassa on the Ol' pocket Victrola today....Live From Nowhere in Particular.....

I took my oldest daughter to see Lazer Pink Floyd several years ago....she got dizzy sick. Dont know why!
Saw Pink Floyd in Foxboro, MA for Momentary Lapse of Reason and the visuals were amazing. Still one of the best live shows I've seen. Including the jaw-dropping model in the body stocking standing in front of our row who passed out like a stone moments before the show started (angry boyfriend ya think?). Getting lost walking back to my friends' house where we left the car and knocking on doors after midnight for help was a wee downer. But still... Floyd!

Shifting & Drifting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2011, 02:43 PM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2011 02:44 PM by NWoBHM.)
(09-20-2011 11:15 AM)Rey Wrote:  
(09-20-2011 10:22 AM)Detroit Dan Wrote:  My brother singing. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3HSUavGGmw

Great!

I knew a hooker once named Minnie Mazola...

I am assuming not in the Biblical sense? Any road up - I was reading about a court case, (I presume over here), where a Toys R Us Executive (Brutus take note re Cuddly Toy endorsement), had nicked money from the company to pay a "hooker" for "services".
The Judge asked how this women could justify £20,000 a week for her services, she said, "I didn`t set the price - that is what he thought I was worth"

Blimey.......
09-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Stick Men - Soup

"i like soup" Tongue

"Hope is what remains to be seen."- Bubba
Find all posts by this user
09-20-2011, 11:10 PM
The new Mastodon record. Duh.
09-21-2011, 04:39 AM
(09-20-2011 11:15 AM)Rey Wrote:  
(09-20-2011 10:22 AM)Detroit Dan Wrote:  My brother singing. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3HSUavGGmw

Great!

I knew a hooker once named Minnie Mazola...

::::applause::::: for the Marx Brothers reference! Big Grin

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
09-21-2011, 11:38 AM
Ian Hunter's Once Bitten Twice Shy, the rockers.

Shifting & Drifting
09-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Today, after 31 years, the band R.E.M. has announced that they are breaking up and calling it quits. There is a quote from a band member saying "all things must end".

Really? (Don't tell Rush that!)

I was a fan of R.E.M. since the late 80's, discovering them when they were still quite small. I was hiking with a friend of mine through the woods down an abandoned railroad grade, and he kept telling me about this band he was getting into, and this incredible album called "Fables of the Reconstruction", that it had such a historical feel and vibe to it. I went out and bought the album and he was right. We went to see them in small college auditoriums for a while before they got big. As the band aged I didn't always care for the newer music, but I always kept a place for the R.E.M. classics.

Here is a newer one I really like a lot, called Leaving New York, a love song to a city, and what a song it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCvnGxfBfiw&ob=av2e

I really like towards the end of the song, in the final chorus, the words "I told you, forever, I love you forever", and that look the singer gives the camera..."You told me forever". Anybody been there? Yeah, forever doesn't always last as long as promised...goodbye R.E.M.

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
09-21-2011, 03:14 PM
Sad news indeed Rey! I was in a cover band from 86-91 that did quite a few REM tunes: Radio Free Europe, Begin the Begin, The one I Love, etc., and we always got a good response to them. In my opinion, they were never the same after Bill Berry had that brain anurism (on stage no less!) and had to retire early. And you're right, Forever is sometimes short-lived!

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"
09-22-2011, 03:47 AM
Oh, no. That's too bad. I love R.E.M. - an old room mate got me into them from the early stuff on up through Out Of Time. I remember he was trying to get us tickets after Losing My Religion became a humongus mega-hit but they sold out in, like 10 minutes. He was really mad. He'd been on board with them since the first album yet all the noobs were getting the tickets. It was annoying.

Sad to see this but I'm sure we haven't seen the last of them individually.

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
09-22-2011, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2011 02:38 PM by VincentUlyssis.)
(09-21-2011 02:11 PM)Rey Wrote:  Today, after 31 years, the band R.E.M. has announced that they are breaking up and calling it quits. There is a quote from a band member saying "all things must end".

Really? (Don't tell Rush that!)

I was a fan of R.E.M. since the late 80's, discovering them when they were still quite small. I was hiking with a friend of mine through the woods down an abandoned railroad grade, and he kept telling me about this band he was getting into, and this incredible album called "Fables of the Reconstruction", that it had such a historical feel and vibe to it. I went out and bought the album and he was right. We went to see them in small college auditoriums for a while before they got big. As the band aged I didn't always care for the newer music, but I always kept a place for the R.E.M. classics.

Here is a newer one I really like a lot, called Leaving New York, a love song to a city, and what a song it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCvnGxfBfiw&ob=av2e

I really like towards the end of the song, in the final chorus, the words "I told you, forever, I love you forever", and that look the singer gives the camera..."You told me forever". Anybody been there? Yeah, forever doesn't always last as long as promised...goodbye R.E.M.

"Everybody Hurts" has ministered to me on several occasions.
I was a kid...but I really am discovering that I like the music of Gary Wright: Dream Weaver and another tune or two.
If the boys call it quits, I will mourn for some time.