Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Memorial Day '10
05-31-2010, 05:42 PM
Memorial Day '10
Just wondering what everyone did this weekend as far as eats go? This is one of the biggest grilling days of the year for Americans, sorry Brutus Angel, and is typically the begining of the summer grilling season.

This weekend I grilled up two london broils, corn, artichokes, and some baked beans. I'll post my recipes later.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2010, 10:58 PM
RE: Memorial Day '10
Wonderful and memorable day. My 93 year old grandfather and 91 year old grandmother and I celebrated with grilling hotdogs, hamburgers, buns, salads, fruits, a chocolate cake and various soft drinks. But we only grilled the hotdogs and burgers.
Watched the Yankee's Dominate, of course. Go Yanks!
And then we just sat outside on the porch talking and laughing about everything. Simple and perfect.
Of course the big D starts tomorrow again.

Don't talk smack about Total!!
06-01-2010, 09:51 PM
We just did our holiday here in Canada...can't remember who it's in honor of...some old queen I think, but we fondly name it May-two-four weekend. And it would ordinarily be the start of the BBQ season here too, but it snowed, and then days later it snowed again. You never know what you'll get in Cowfart and Edmonchuck in May....or early June...Don't like grilling in a parka and a touque and feeling all hoser-like but that's life in the Great White North, eh.

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
06-01-2010, 11:02 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2010 11:04 PM by Chip Oatley.)
I live just off the border, south of Vancouver, in British Columbia. We spent our (Queen) Victoria day weekend in the rain. But, despite the rain last (Memorial Day) weekend, had a blast in a little border town, called Blaine, Wash. We stayed at a resort (Blaine's only), but had to stop for some vino on the way at the local grocery store... 'Cost Cutter'.

Without even getting inside to see the wine, we hit a couple of tents outside with live 'Atlantic' Lobster (imported from NB apparently?!), skids of potato salad, canned beans, and everything bbq, flags flying, etc..

Couldn't decide on the wine, because of so many (more than our government liquor stores)... shockingly cheap, for us up North. Decided on a Brutus recomended Chilean. America does make a bigger deal of the long weekend BBQ, grillin', and definatley more hype surrounding it. Pretty cool.

The resort had a special.. Ribs, Salmon, or Steak BBQ, with baked potato, etc. dinner. Was great weekend. Hot tub, wine, and a country band?
06-02-2010, 08:30 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2010 08:33 PM by ePhilosopher9.)
(06-01-2010 09:51 PM)Brutus Wrote:  We just did our holiday here in Canada...can't remember who it's in honor of...some old queen I think, but we fondly name it May-two-four weekend. And it would ordinarily be the start of the BBQ season here too, but it snowed, and then days later it snowed again. You never know what you'll get in Cowfart and Edmonchuck in May....or early June...Don't like grilling in a parka and a touque and feeling all hoser-like but that's life in the Great White North, eh.

no way, it snowed?
(06-01-2010 09:51 PM)Brutus Wrote:  We just did our holiday here in Canada...can't remember who it's in honor of...some old queen I think, but we fondly name it May-two-four weekend. And it would ordinarily be the start of the BBQ season here too, but it snowed, and then days later it snowed again. You never know what you'll get in Cowfart and Edmonchuck in May....or early June...Don't like grilling in a parka and a touque and feeling all hoser-like but that's life in the Great White North, eh.

i almost couldn't bare to watch Hell's Kitchen last night. The Kosher chef didn't know shellfish and drew her only Ace in the hole. How many legs does a spider have?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user