Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Documentary......
06-08-2010, 09:30 AM
The Documentary......
There's a documentary.............about a certain band ........being released for one night in various theaters this week, and later this month is rumored to be on TV.

So, who amongst you will be traveling to see the movie, and how many will be staying home and watching it on television?

For us, my husband is willing to travel. So I've arranged for the kids to stay with friends, then I'll pick up dinner, and then my husband from his work, and then we're on the road to Portland. Hopefully we won't have any traffic issues. The movie starts at 9, so afterward, we're looking at a late night ride home. Possibly stopping at Denny's or Shari's (as they seem to be the only places open at midnight).

So, who is making this documentary a road trip event?

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2010, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2010 12:36 PM by old honda rider.)
RE: The Documentary......
In my area it's only showing on one night - Thursday June 10 - and even then it's almost a two hour drive. And, last I heard, it the network that will be broadcasting the show on TV isn't even available in Canada (at least through the cable company that's got a monopoly on the local area).

Now, I haven't yet got that whole quantum theory "be-in-two-places-at-once" sort of thing quite figured out and Thursday nights are always impossible for me, so it looks as if I'm going to have to wait for the DVD.

*edited to add*

I just discovered that the movie is actually going to be shown in a theatre less than 5 km's of where I live, running from July 2-4! Woo-hoo! Big Grin

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
06-08-2010, 12:54 PM
(06-08-2010 12:31 PM)old honda rider Wrote:  In my area it's only showing on one night - Thursday June 10 - and even then it's almost a two hour drive. And, last I heard, it the network that will be broadcasting the show on TV isn't even available in Canada (at least through the cable company that's got a monopoly on the local area).

Now, I haven't yet got that whole quantum theory "be-in-two-places-at-once" sort of thing quite figured out and Thursday nights are always impossible for me, so it looks as if I'm going to have to wait for the DVD.

*edited to add*

I just discovered that the movie is actually going to be shown in a theatre less than 5 km's of where I live, running from July 2-4! Woo-hoo! Big Grin

We're looking at a 2 hour drive to the only showing too.

A party without cake is really just a meeting
06-08-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm looking at half an hour. It's at my favorite theater, but I have to battle Rush hour traffic to get there. I'll be seeing it Thursday as well.

06-08-2010, 02:56 PM
It is currently playing "the Little" in Rochester N.Y. I will be thrilled if it comes on I Control pay per view.
06-08-2010, 09:43 PM
They're doing it twice around here (Arlington, Massachusetts). Once was Sunday night, the other is Friday, with a performance by a Tribute band.
I'll be there for that one.
So looking forward to it.
06-08-2010, 11:32 PM
I actually saw it this past Sunday in Arlington, MA - got to go out to dinner beforehand with a certain person who got that certain band's first radio play in the US in 1974 Wink T'was fantastic!!! What a great night and an AWESOME documentary!! Big Grin
06-09-2010, 01:01 AM
With my hands on hips and pouting. I wanna go too

Don't talk smack about Total!!
06-09-2010, 12:31 PM
We shall be seeing the Movie visual feast tomorrow nite @ 7pm. Looking forward to it!!

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
06-09-2010, 07:16 PM
I may wander down to the Thursday showing in Portland, but Saturday is more likely. I was happy to see it got a great review in the Willamette Week today. Writer Nathan Carson "gets it"!