Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Documentary......
06-09-2010, 07:56 PM
RE: The Documentary......
Going tomorrow evening to watch it. No subscriber TV at the homestead and I doubt network TV is going to show it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2010, 10:34 PM
(06-09-2010 07:16 PM)Entre Nous Wrote:  I may wander down to the Thursday showing in Portland, but Saturday is more likely. I was happy to see it got a great review in the Willamette Week today. Writer Nathan Carson "gets it"!

Is there a showing on Saturday?

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-10-2010, 02:46 PM
(06-09-2010 10:34 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  
(06-09-2010 07:16 PM)Entre Nous Wrote:  I may wander down to the Thursday showing in Portland, but Saturday is more likely. I was happy to see it got a great review in the Willamette Week today. Writer Nathan Carson "gets it"!

Yep! In the WW it lists Cinema 21 Friday and Saturday at 7pm Smile
06-10-2010, 02:50 PM
(06-10-2010 02:46 PM)Entre Nous Wrote:  
(06-09-2010 10:34 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  

Yep! In the WW it lists Cinema 21 Friday and Saturday at 7pm Smile

Well we were out of the loop on that one. Oh well, we'll see it tonight Smile

06-10-2010, 03:01 PM
(06-10-2010 02:50 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  Well we were out of the loop on that one. Oh well, we'll see it tonight Smile

I'm still trying to talk the bf into Saturday, he usually won't go out on "school nights" LOL If not, I'm leaning toward seeing it tonight on my own!
06-11-2010, 04:37 AM
GREAT documentary! There were a lot of shots with "Bubba's B 'n G" wear in there.

I surprised my son last night. He had no idea where we were going. Unfortunately, couldn't explore any of the dining facilities around the theater. He got out of work just in time to make the drive there and then had to hurry up and get home so I could get some sleep for today's work. Less than 4 hours of sleep, but so WORTH it!
06-11-2010, 10:37 AM
(06-10-2010 03:01 PM)Entre Nous Wrote:  
(06-10-2010 02:50 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  Well we were out of the loop on that one. Oh well, we'll see it tonight Smile

I'm still trying to talk the bf into Saturday, he usually won't go out on "school nights" LOL If not, I'm leaning toward seeing it tonight on my own!

Did you make it to the theater last night?

It's rare that I go to a movie, and hear so much whooping and hollering during a show. It was a packed theater! It was very entertaining. And I did get some "cool wife" points for going. I'm a bit more up to speed as to what my husband knows and will have a better idea of what he's talking about when he talks about the band or a song.

There were various scenes of folks (mostly men) at the concerts singing along and pretending to play one of the instruments, and I leaned over to my husband and asked, "Do you do that at those shows?", and he gave me a rather sheepish smile and said that he probably did (which is a side of him that I've never seen). So if we do go to the show this summer, I might be watching him (in amazement) more than the show, hahahaha. We'll see

06-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Oh, how that sounds far too familiar Bageleth. Honey, is that you? Wink
06-11-2010, 04:48 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2010 04:49 PM by Entre Nous.)
(06-11-2010 10:37 AM)Bageleth Wrote:  Did you make it to the theater last night?

Sadly, I did not. I still have tonight and tomorrow...

Good on you for increasing your "cool wife points"! Sounds like you two had a great time, well worth the drive, eh?

I am soooo glad (most) air instruments are silent! Been known to play a lick or two of air drums myself Blush LOL @ Force Ten above...
06-11-2010, 07:03 PM
(06-11-2010 04:48 PM)Entre Nous Wrote:  
(06-11-2010 10:37 AM)Bageleth Wrote:  Did you make it to the theater last night?

Sadly, I did not. I still have tonight and tomorrow...

Good on you for increasing your "cool wife points"! Sounds like you two had a great time, well worth the drive, eh?

I am soooo glad (most) air instruments are silent! Been known to play a lick or two of air drums myself Blush LOL @ Force Ten above...

We did have a good time! We were in a section of Portland that we had never been to before, tried a local coffee house ("Coffee Time" I think it was) and then afterward, went to a lot at 12th & Hawthorne where there were several food carts serving late night meals and enjoyed some delicious veggie burritos. We finally arrived home at 3AM (and have been rather tired for the rest of the day, lol)