Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What about exercise regimes?
06-22-2010, 08:27 PM
RE: What about exercise regimes?
Here's some good links for those of you looking to get started:

http://www.exrx.net - A lot of good information throughout this site. They have clips showing how the exercises are completed

http://www.davedraper.com - Dave Draper, the "Blond Bomber" website. Great info here as well as on his forums.

Cool Running's couch to 5K running plan

http://danjohn.net - Dan John is considered one of the premier Olympic lifting coaches in the nation and is very well known.

I've got a pretty good collection of links that I can post up over time.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2010, 11:44 PM
Ok here is some accountability. I do the very things I dont want to do and dont do the things that I should. This needs to be my starting point. So If there is a formula to move this from my head to my heart, send it.

Don't talk smack about Total!!
06-23-2010, 04:07 AM
It's a conscious effort in the beginning and it takes time for it to become a habit. Think positively, you CAN DO IT and make a positive change within yourself to make visible changes externally.

As you work to improve yourself, don't beat yourself up too much over things. Realize you made a mistake, you're learning, and keep going and make a commitment to not do it again.

Speaking of working out, I'm off to the pool. I missed my session yesterday morning...
06-23-2010, 11:45 AM
(06-22-2010 02:38 PM)old honda rider Wrote:  Oh... by the way... I've found Counterparts to be the best workout tunes. Animate starts the routine. Cold Fire closes it out. Really gets the adrenaline pumping!

Yes it is! Very often that is my pick of the morning especially on the elliptical. Kickass!

"Hope is what remains to be seen."- Bubba
06-23-2010, 02:59 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2010 03:16 PM by Neilbubbachuck.)
I like this a lot, "As you work to improve yourself, don't beat yourself up too much over things. Realize you made a mistake, you're learning, and keep going and make a commitment to not do it again".
This will be my new mission statement. Thanks Force Ten.

Music; Test for echo. To see if I'm still here.
Going to the gym for some high rep low weight action! and cardio cardio cardio.
My 15 yearold has talked me into doing "double sessions" with him.
Cardio twice a day and circuit trainning on the weights.
Diet, I'm a creature of habit with my diet or lack of it. When I'm on, I'm a rockstar but when I'm off Im a bowl of wet butter. So I will be hitting the fruits and veg like crazy instead of the soda, red bulls and energy bars when I wake up. 10-15 oz of Lean grilled chicken or fish throughout the day. 3 nonfat yogarts, with a of tablespoon of GRAPENUTS for each serving for my starch. Also a very limited amount of non salted pecans usually 2 table spoons for the day. Bread? Nah. Booze? Nah. Chocolate? Ok. And lots of water.
I use those crystal light packets for my water. Some say it negates the function of the water. That sounds rediculous to me but I'm no pro. Crystal light keeps me drinking water so it's good for me so there.
Sleep! I'll talk bout that another day.

06-23-2010, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2010 08:30 PM by ForceTen.)
You're welcome. Smile

Couple of things:

1) Twice a days - Be careful with them if you're just starting out. Don't want to over do it and find yourself back at square one.

2) As your strength increases, be sure to take it slow for a while and don't up the weights too quickly. You need to train your connective tissue (ligaments and tendons) and make them stronger as well. If you don't, you could tear a muscle from the bone and those take MONTHS to heal.

3) Crystal Light isn't that bad for you. It's the electrolytes that people generally use it for. I prefer to drink my water plain but on hot days, will mix up some Gatorade for sodium and electrolyte replenishment (Sever dehydration H-U-R-T-S!!!).

For those whom are looking for some good motivational readings:

http://www.davedraper.com/dave-draper-columns.html (Start at the bottom of the page and read Dave's sections)

Also, Dan John does his "Get Up!" newsletter which is chock full of info:

http://danjohn.net/get-up

As to music, if I'm lifting, I have a custom mix CD. Don't recall the songs as it's been a while since I've lifted with any seriousness so haven't listened to it. Perhaps I need to revisit that next week while I'm on call and can't get my long training sessions in on runs or bike. If I'm running or cycling, no music. I prefer to hear what's coming and not get hit.
09-09-2010, 06:19 PM
If you didn't guess already, I am a runner. I run 4 days a week...short runs on Mon. & Weds. 4 or 5 miles, Tuesday is a medium - long run of 7 or 8 miles, and Saturday long runs from 12 to 20 miles depending on the upcoming race date. Running, for me, is a great way to clear the mind, challenge the body, and test my will. It is also a great way to birdwatch (lots of activity early in the morning).
09-09-2010, 11:57 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2010 12:01 AM by Neilbubbachuck.)
My crackhead friend never returned my mountain bike, and now he is no where to be found. I know, I'm real smert!
But it worked out for the best because I just got a new trek 6 series two weeks ago.
The bike is awesome. I take off around 4 and ride with friends until about 7 or so.
We have an absolute blast and I get an enjoyable workout in the process. For our meal each night we stop for a "Lupos chicken spiedi". I always get mine in a cup instead of on bread to cut down on the carbs. And water, no soda. However today I got a black angus salad. Ohh man let me tell ya! It was good good!
I also love riding motocross tracks and believe me, that kicks my butt physically.
The boys want to start riding to the gym. Going to the gym by car is kinda like a chore. But now it's 'game on' by bike. And gives me an extra 15 miles to laugh at my friends constant comedy acts.