Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fellow Insomniacs?
06-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Fellow Insomniacs?
Just doing a roll-call of all us non-sleeping Bubba Heads.

Tiffer present and accounted for.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2010, 11:26 PM
RE: Fellow Insomniacs?
Yes Laffitupfzbl, the others are resting peaceful it appears. But we shall keep watch and roam about. Covering the ages, year after year, feeding and jealously waiting on those whom dwell in the land of the living. Anyway, coffee?

Don't talk smack about Total!!
06-23-2010, 04:08 AM
Can't say I'm an insomniac as I'm usually passed out around 10:30pm. But, does getting typically 5 hours of sleep a night count?
06-23-2010, 07:24 AM
Does working 12 hour midnights and getting only a few hours of broken sleep during the day count?
See you all tonight!
06-23-2010, 11:33 AM
I used to be a major insomniac. I started meditating (primordial sound kind) and kicked the no sleep thing in the booty. One of my most valued possessions is that silence I get 30 minutes a day. Try it, you'll like it!

"Hope is what remains to be seen."- Bubba
06-23-2010, 12:06 PM
I'm up EVERY night, somewhere between 1-4 a.m. or thereabout. I wake up in pain from my back, take some meds wait until they start working and I can usually get a few more hours of sleep.
06-23-2010, 01:13 PM
(06-23-2010 12:06 PM)Dessert Diva Wrote:  I'm up EVERY night, somewhere between 1-4 a.m. or thereabout. I wake up in pain from my back, take some meds wait until they start working and I can usually get a few more hours of sleep.
Try some brandy before you go to bed. (Obviously, don't mix it with meds.)

Really. No joke.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
06-25-2010, 02:44 AM
My insomnia was sparked two and a half years ago when I gave birth. Before then, I was a sleeping FOOL. But then I had a baby, and we co-slept, and I woke to nurse him several times a night. Quit nursing him a year ago very suddenly because I had a major back injury and had to take heavy meds which fouled my milk. But he and I both kept the whole middle of the night waking thing going until just recently. At the beginning of the year, he started sleeping through the night (mostly) and I just kept on waking up. Then three months ago, I started getting major league hot flashes at all times of the day, but they are worse at night. Working with my doc to find out what is causing them, because I'm only 38. But it's leaning towards (very) premature menopause. Which trends are showing that women who wait until late in life to have babies (like me) might trigger early menopause.

So, probably more info than you wanted, but I've not gotten a good nights sleep in about 2.5 years. And it's been even worse the last few months. So, I tend to be a little slap happy most days, and a little verbose most evenings. Sometimes my FB page is a raging disaster when I wake up in the mornings. My friends and family have been most kind about not mentioning my apparent lack of sanity.

Sooooo, it's 3am. Do you know where your brain is?
06-27-2010, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2010 12:42 PM by Neilbubbachuck.)
The regular folk don't get it at ALL. Ok, against my will of course I was talked into staying up all night and all day last week. "you sleep all day" nagnagnagnag! I feel like saying, your the fool who sleeps all night!
Ok so, I have this half life thing going on Right now. I'm alseep by 5am and up by 1pm. "thats not normal" nagnagnagnag! How is that not normal"? It's only eight hours for goodness sake. (city hall always wins the case. I'll choose to just smile and agree). As much as I would love to kick back a few large mugs of something very special, It's been a year now. Back to the drawing board.
Cluephone! That's why I don't sleep hahaha. Life is good! Angry

Don't talk smack about Total!!
06-27-2010, 05:43 PM
the point of surrender

the point of the journey
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user