Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Denver (Red Rocks) 8/16 & 18/10
06-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Denver (Red Rocks) 8/16 & 18/10
The venue is about 2 miles outside the small town of Morrison, Colorado. You can purchase food at Red Rocks or tailgate before the show. Anybody road tripping to Denver to see a concert at Red Rocks could dine at the Morrison Inn in Morrison. Great Margaritas and food. For those wanting a more formal dining experience I hear The Fort in Morrison is exceptional.

Plenty of hotels and motels on the west side of Denver fairly close to Red Rocks.

Red Rocks concerts are a real treat. You will not be disappointed and the acoustics will blow you away. We sometimes get thunderstorms in the evening so be prepared for that.

Remember that Red Rocks is about 7000 feet above sea level. If you are not from around these parts you will notice a profound difference while exerting yourself. Also, it is very dry so drink lots of water.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2010, 01:17 PM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2010 02:59 PM by Dessert Diva.)
RE: Denver (Red Rocks) 8/16 & 18/10
There will be a tailgate the days of the shows. Bring your food and drink. I will have a small hibachi grill but it works just great. Some people bring full sized grills, I haven't felt the need to do that yet. Big Grin In prior years we have had someone who had a mixer (think margarita's) as well as people riding on a motorized cooler. It's always just a great crowd of like minded people hanging out before the show. I will have beach umbrellas for shade.

As far as hotels: there is a Holiday Inn right down the road from Red Rocks and right off of the freeway. I've had several friends stay there always with good experiences.
The Holiday Inn is just a short drive away from the Coors plant for those wanting to take the tour. There is also a backstage Red Rocks tour (non show days). I'm going to take the tour this year, I've seen pics and the area where the band hangs out prior to the show is unique.

For those spending more than a day I would recommend a drive to Rocky Mountain National Park. It is beautiful up there, with areas to hike, picnic, drive to the peak at over 14,000 foot and see wildlife. Estes Park is the town at the base of the park. Plenty of souvenir shops and restaurants.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply