Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cheater desserts
07-24-2012, 06:53 AM
RE: Cheater desserts
(07-24-2012 01:14 AM)Scythe Matters Wrote:  Oh good idea! Maybe brulee the marshmallow, too?
Maybe just a little...the fruit won't stick if it gets too crunchy.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2012, 07:18 AM
I've been making one here that's getting repeat requests, even from the picky BIL.

Take a heat-proof single-serving bowl and put down an inch or so of fruit -- fresh berries work great (we had raspberries the other night from the local farmers market) but home-canned (my SIL does killer pears) works fine too.

Top with pudding -- I've made some vanilla up with Bird's Custard Powder, but you could use instant or store-bought.

Spoon some brown (dark or light) sugar into a strainer, and use a spoon to push it through and make an even, fairly thin layer.

Put the dishes onto a cookie sheet and under the broiler, turning every couple of minutes until hot and bubbly.

Et voila -- creme brulee avec fruites!

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....
12-29-2013, 03:19 PM
My niece posted a recipe for PopTarts on Facebook. I love PopTarts but can't have them due to allergies. So here is the cheater way to make them.
Buy a box of pie crust and a jar of jelly( or make pie crust). Cut the pie crust into rectangles. Put a scant teaspoon of jelly in the middle of the rectangle. Put another rectangle on top and crimp the edges with a fork. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes at 450 degrees. Frost them if you want. You will get 4 Pop Tarts to a sheet of dough.

05-01-2014, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2014 02:40 PM by Laffitupfzbl.)
So, I must have a thing for these because even two years later, I am looking for them. We just made these, impatiently awaiting a trial after the hour in the fridge. But I judge every dessert by how it tastes before it's all the way done, and so far these are pretty freaking amazing.

Reese’s No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
Ingredients
1 cup butter melted
2 cups graham cracker crumbs, finely crushed
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 cup peanut butter + 4 tablespoons peanut butter
1½ cup semi sweet or milk chocolate chips

Instructions
1.Combine melted butter, finely ground graham cracker crumbs, confectioners’ sugar and 1 cup peanut butter. Spread in a 9×13 inch pan.
2.In the microwave or over the stove, melt 4 tablespoons peanut butter and chocolate chips until smooth. If melting In the microwave stir after every 30 seconds to make sure that it doesn’t burn. Spread on top of the peanut butter layer.
3.Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving so that they can set. Store leftover bars in the fridge.

I didn't have graham crackers, so I used crushed up cornflakes cereal. Or I saw a recipe that subbed pretzels. Ritz crackers, too, I'm sure would be good.