Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The Pet Peeve
07-08-2010, 11:26 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2010 11:41 PM by Neilbubbachuck.)
The Pet Peeve
The Pet Peeve thread, I was thinking that I have so many. Maybe we could share some of the lighter funny kind, like turn signals etc...
Not to be confused with the famous Nag thread.
To top my list of Pet Peeves I must say goes to the flat nosed tracktor (18 wheeler type) and not pulling a trailer going down the highway.
It looks so dumb and alien. Every time I see one, it just bugs me.

Cars that look like a sneaker also tweak me. I don't know why, it's a pet peeveTongue

Don't talk smack about Total!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2010, 08:35 AM
RE: The Pet Peeve
There are so many! The one that comes to mind at the moment is when someone won't throw their trash away, and leave it within 1-3 feet of a wastebasket that is in clear view. So I guess that kind of laziness bothers me.

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2010, 10:33 AM
People who text in movie theaters. Wow, that is just plain rude.

07-09-2010, 02:25 PM
(07-09-2010 10:33 AM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  People who text in movie theaters. Wow, that is just plain rude.

So, Chuck,
Does it bother you if people text before the movie starts? When the house lights are still on? Or just during the movie?

07-09-2010, 10:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2010 10:13 PM by Neilbubbachuck.)
(07-09-2010 02:25 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  
(07-09-2010 10:33 AM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  People who text in movie theaters. Wow, that is just plain rude.

So, Chuck,
Does it bother you if people text before the movie starts? When the house lights are still on? Or just during the movie?

Two little sqirts three rows in front of me during a movie last week kept texting. My eyes would naturally fix on the their screen, and
they felt they needed to bring their bright blue screen up to head level instead of keeping it on their laps. If my kid ever did that, I'd I'd I'd . I'm a softy.
When people say melk! It's not melk, it's MILK

07-09-2010, 10:37 PM
(07-09-2010 10:05 PM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  
(07-09-2010 02:25 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  

So, Chuck,

Two little sqirts three rows in front of me during a movie last week kept texting. My eyes would naturally fix on the their screen, and
they felt they needed to bring their bright blue screen up to head level instead of keeping it on their laps. If my kid ever did that, I'd I'd I'd . I'm a softy.
When people say melk! It's not melk, it's MILK

Ahhh, THAT I understand! I haven't had a problem with folks texting during the movie, but teenagers who talk, throw their popcorn, and move about during the movie...............well, let's just say, that even though I'm not normally a swearing person, I really need to practice restraint in cases like that.

07-10-2010, 07:04 AM
People driving while talking on the phone. I don't know how many times someone on a cell phone has cut me off or nearly caused an accident featuring my car. Turn off the cell and drive!

07-10-2010, 10:11 AM
(07-10-2010 07:04 AM)nettiesaur Wrote:  People driving while talking on the phone. I don't know how many times someone on a cell phone has cut me off or nearly caused an accident featuring my car. Turn off the cell and drive!

Ohhh I would never text/talk and driveAngel

I'm like the poster child of all driving violations ever committed trust me.

07-10-2010, 11:23 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2010 11:33 AM by Bageleth.)
(07-10-2010 10:11 AM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  
(07-10-2010 07:04 AM)nettiesaur Wrote:  People driving while talking on the phone. I don't know how many times someone on a cell phone has cut me off or nearly caused an accident featuring my car. Turn off the cell and drive!

Ohhh I would never text/talk and driveAngel

I'm like the poster child of all driving violations ever committed trust me.

My state recently passed a law that makes that illegal, and yet, many, many people are still doing it.
Ok, another pet peeve for me would be poor spelling and grammar. Maybe it's because I'm currently teaching my children (my poor kids) or because I was raised by a secretary who constantly corrected me in that area of my life. When I see it, I really want to point it out.

Another one that comes to mind is a more personal one I guess. It's when grown men, who are nowhere near their 20's, still "Dude" each other (and you know that they've never been surfing, and they aren't unemployed bowlers who drink White Russians either).

07-10-2010, 02:09 PM
All the ones previously mentioned, plus: My neighbor who, I'm not sure why, pulls up to his house 2-3 times a night with friends in tow. He is like 20, lives in his dads rental house, and I dunno if the guy works third, or just parties all night and still manages to work the next day - whatever. HOW many times do you and your friends need to come and go between 12 - 4am, with much door slamming, talking, laughing, whatever? Grrrr. I'm not saying you HAVE to be in bed, but anyone who is not mentally challenged will realize that MOST of us are, and would therefore be politely quiet and try not to make excessive noise. But, we talk to his Dad, and I respect him a lot (he's a retired cop from New York, who was in that whole 9/11 mess), so I don't want to say anything. I just got a nice, noisy fan.

PS - I tend to go to movies alone. If anyone who goes with me exhibits any unbearable habits (talking, texting, munching too loud) I permanently blackball them from my movie friend list. My significant whatever and I are on the same movie wavelength. Possibly the ONLY thing we have in common. If I can't go to a movie with him, I go alone.