Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The Pet Peeve
07-10-2010, 09:31 PM
RE: The Pet Peeve
(07-10-2010 11:23 AM)Bageleth Wrote:  
(07-10-2010 10:11 AM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  
(07-10-2010 07:04 AM)nettiesaur Wrote:  People driving while talking on the phone. I don't know how many times someone on a cell phone has cut me off or nearly caused an accident featuring my car. Turn off the cell and drive!

Ohhh I would never text/talk and driveAngel

I'm like the poster child of all driving violations ever committed trust me.

My state recently passed a law that makes that illegal, and yet, many, many people are still doing it.
Ok, another pet peeve for me would be poor spelling and grammar. Maybe it's because I'm currently teaching my children (my poor kids) or because I was raised by
a secretary who constantly corrected me in that area of my life. When I see it, I really want to point it out.

Another one that comes to mind is a more personal one I guess. It's when grown men, who are nowhere near their 20's, still "Dude" each other (and you know that they've never been surfing, and they aren't unemployed bowlers who drink White Russians either).

I so like agree dude and it's like so like rad too ya know what I'm sayin

Don't talk smack about Total!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2010, 09:48 PM
(07-10-2010 09:31 PM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  
(07-10-2010 11:23 AM)Bageleth Wrote:  
(07-10-2010 10:11 AM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  
(07-10-2010 07:04 AM)nettiesaur Wrote:  People driving while talking on the phone. I don't know how many times someone on a cell phone has cut me off or nearly caused an accident featuring my car. Turn off the cell and drive!

Ohhh I would never text/talk and driveAngel

I'm like the poster child of all driving violations ever committed trust me.

My state recently passed a law that makes that illegal, and yet, many, many people are still doing it.
Ok, another pet peeve for me would be poor spelling and grammar. Maybe it's because I'm currently teaching my children (my poor kids) or because I was raised by
a secretary who constantly corrected me in that area of my life. When I see it, I really want to point it out.

Another one that comes to mind is a more personal one I guess. It's when grown men, who are nowhere near their 20's, still "Dude" each other (and you know that they've never been surfing, and they aren't unemployed bowlers who drink White Russians either).

I so like agree dude and it's like so like rad too ya know what I'm sayin

LOL, Oh my! I kind of had a feeling that I was setting myself up to seeing some "Dude speak" after my last post

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2010, 11:04 PM
I'm sure there are many more pet peeves out there that have to do with driving. How about when cars slow down when they go up a hill or incline (especially on the freeway). I can't understand why more people don't drive with their cruise control on Huh.

"Hope is what remains to be seen."- Bubba
07-10-2010, 11:18 PM
following that car that stinks like rotten eggsConfused

07-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Guys who think they're cool, peel out in their cars, leaving a cloud of smoke and evidence that it's time to change the oil. Oh yeah, such a turn on...........

07-11-2010, 07:15 AM
(07-10-2010 11:04 PM)valhalla66 Wrote:  I'm sure there are many more pet peeves out there that have to do with driving. How about when cars slow down when they go up a hill or incline (especially on the freeway). I can't understand why more people don't drive with their cruise control on Huh.

I don't even have cruise control and I don't understand people who can't drive it at a steady speed. It ain't that hard.

Driving is a whole 'nother area. I was raised by a truck driver. A really safe trucker. He's had safe trucker awards most of his years of driving, till they quit doing them. Of his 5 kids, none of us has had a wreck except for my sister being rear-ended and barely any tickets. We drive like saints. We're NOT saints by a long shot, but we drive like 'em.

The only anomaly for the longest time was me. I could not drive a stick shift. I was a mortal embarrassment for my Dad. I finally learned about 4 years ago. Had to buy a stick when the gas prices were going wonky to save money. Now I love it! Probably won't even drive an auto again. And now my Father will surely go to heaven, as the last of his children can successfully shift through a 5 speed.
07-11-2010, 08:20 AM
This is a topic that I could rant long and maniacal, even wax poetical, about...but I think the vast majority of my pet peeves just boils down to general inconsideration: the people who park nearly into the next space (we have narrow spaces here); the guys shouting and laughing in the parking lot at 5 AM this (Sunday) morning; the litterers; the lovely folks that go shouting at top volume on a forest trail - on a bird walk, no less, followed by complaining that they didn't see any wildlife; and on, and on, and on. A little consideration for others goes a long way.

Things that don't fall under that banner: leaf blowers (use a rake/broom, dang it! Get some exercise!); environmental charities that bombard you with paper products (anyone see the problem here?); and the clingy, needy boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse - pick whomever fits your perspective.

End of lecture...stepping off of the soapbox now...

"Washington is a city of Southern efficiency and Northern charm." - JFK
07-11-2010, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2010 12:21 PM by Neilbubbachuck.)
(07-11-2010 08:20 AM)Nanobabe Wrote:  This is a topic that I could rant long and maniacal, even wax poetical, about...but I think the vast majority of my pet peeves just boils down to general inconsideration: the people who park nearly into the next space (we have narrow spaces here); the guys shouting and laughing in the parking lot at 5 AM this (Sunday) morning; the litterers; the lovely folks that go shouting at top volume on a forest trail - on a bird walk, no less, followed by complaining that they didn't see any wildlife; and on, and on, and on. A little consideration for others goes a long way.

Things that don't fall under that banner: leaf blowers (use a rake/broom, dang it! Get some exercise!); environmental charities that bombard you with paper products (anyone see the problem here?); and the clingy, needy boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse - pick whomever fits your perspective.

we clearly have something in common here.

I love the ones who mow their lawn everyday. I wish i had their vision and time.
Lawn ornaments! Nasty things.
I love seeing the 6' faded plastic Santa in front yards. It's July buddy and why would you get one of those ridiculous things anyway.

Brain freeze! Do I need say more? Beside the fact it just plain stinks. But the idiot who causes the brain freeze is the bigger fool so let's forget about this one for nowTongue

ex's that call out of the blue. Why? We broke up, now be fruitful and multiply just leave me alone psychoDodgy

Using black plastic bags for house curtains. Ok he's not a drug dealer

Cars with a headlight out. It's been out for 5 months now, get it fixed pal and on comming traffic can't gage you

Cars now with YELLOW headlights, do you WANT me to crash?

07-11-2010, 03:11 PM
(07-11-2010 11:52 AM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  
(07-11-2010 08:20 AM)Nanobabe Wrote:  This is a topic that I could rant long and maniacal, even wax poetical, about...but I think the vast majority of my pet peeves just boils down to general inconsideration: the people who park nearly into the next space (we have narrow spaces here); the guys shouting and laughing in the parking lot at 5 AM this (Sunday) morning; the litterers; the lovely folks that go shouting at top volume on a forest trail - on a bird walk, no less, followed by complaining that they didn't see any wildlife; and on, and on, and on. A little consideration for others goes a long way.

we clearly have something in common here.

I love the ones who mow their lawn everyday. I wish i had their vision and time.
Lawn ornaments! Nasty things.
I love seeing the 6' faded plastic Santa in front yards. It's July buddy and why would you get one of those ridiculous things anyway.

Brain freeze! Do I need say more? Beside the fact it just plain stinks. But the idiot who causes the brain freeze is the bigger fool so let's forget about this one for nowTongue

ex's that call out of the blue. Why? We broke up, now be fruitful and multiply just leave me alone psychoDodgy

Using black plastic bags for house curtains. Ok he's not a drug dealer

Cars with a headlight out. It's been out for 5 months now, get it fixed pal and on comming traffic can't gage you

Cars now with YELLOW headlights, do you WANT me to crash?

How about cars that pass you at night, keeping their highbeams on, thus burning our retinas

07-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Stop at a diner for a nice fluffy three egg omelet. CRUNCH!! I lose my mind when that happens, after I stop dry heaving. They do that stuff on purpose, I'm telling ya. It's a wicked world.