Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The Pet Peeve
07-11-2010, 04:31 PM
RE: The Pet Peeve
(07-11-2010 04:13 PM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  Stop at a diner for a nice fluffy three egg omelet. CRUNCH!! I lose my mind when that happens, after I stop dry heaving. They do that stuff on purpose, I'm telling ya. It's a wicked world.
Oh, gawd, I hate that! Makes me gag just thinking about it.

Reminds me of a story that my father used to tell about his time in the Forces. The camp cook only had access to very few eggs but plenty of access to that awful dried/powdered stuff that remotely resembles an egg-type substance when mixed with water.

Crafty guy, this camp cook.

He'd make up a batch of the powdered eggs and in the concoction he'd put in one complete egg, shell and all.

Then, when the men were eating their breakfast, some of them got a bit of shell. The men thought this was great, since they figured the cook was using real eggs in their scrambled egg breakfast instead of the powdered stuff. Little did they know...

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2010, 09:51 PM
(07-11-2010 04:31 PM)old honda rider Wrote:  
(07-11-2010 04:13 PM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  Stop at a diner for a nice fluffy three egg omelet. CRUNCH!! I lose my mind when that happens, after I stop dry heaving. They do that stuff on purpose, I'm telling ya. It's a wicked world.
Oh, gawd, I hate that! Makes me gag just thinking about it.

Reminds me of a story that my father used to tell about his time in the Forces. The camp cook only had access to very few eggs but plenty of access to that awful dried/powdered stuff that remotely resembles an egg-type substance when mixed with water.

Crafty guy, this camp cook.

He'd make up a batch of the powdered eggs and in the concoction he'd put in one complete egg, shell and all.

Then, when the men were eating their breakfast, some of them got a bit of shell. The men thought this was great, since they figured the cook was using real eggs in their scrambled egg breakfast instead of the powdered stuff. Little did they know...

My brother in law is a chef. When he works at a restaurant that forces them to use potato pearls, he always scrapes a few real potatoes, whizzes them up and throws them into the mix for the same effect. Funny!
07-11-2010, 10:33 PM
music for morons and running on empty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-11-2010, 11:33 PM
The worse is a chafed man nip! That makes for a very long day.

Don't talk smack about Total!!
07-12-2010, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2010 11:23 AM by Dessert Diva.)
My neighbor who wakes up everyday at 4 a.m. and decides to start mowing his lawn shortly after he wakes.

I REALLY get upset about the people who leave their empty grocery carts in the handicapped parking spaces.
Forgot this one: My stove top is being destroyed by my daughter while she is learning to cook. It's a smooth top and she has made a horrendous ring that I can't get off.Sad
07-12-2010, 05:51 PM
(07-12-2010 11:16 AM)Dessert Diva Wrote:  My neighbor who wakes up everyday at 4 a.m. and decides to start mowing his lawn shortly after he wakes.

My paintball gun is for rent....

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
07-12-2010, 06:20 PM
How about SITTING NEXT TO MY EX HUSBAND AT THE LAST TWO RUSH CONCERTS I'VE ATTENDED? Makes for a very awkward night. Ergh.
07-12-2010, 06:32 PM
When I hold a door open for someone and they still reach out to touch it while I'm holding it open, as if I would slam it on them or something.
07-13-2010, 01:34 AM
Keep in mind, I'm a bit old fashion. Here is my peeve with the modern youth invading my home.

Q: Hey man how ya doin? (my hand extended willingly)
A: huh? (shakes my hand like a sissy)
Q: How are you doing?
A: auhh (inaudible)
Q: What?
A: huh?
Q: Are you alive?
A: hum I guess

There is a new rule in our home now. No zombies allowed on premises. All visitors must exceed a 25 lb grip for a handshake. All guest shall make eye contact for 7 seconds upon initial greeting. Of course all shall be subject to pat search and alco-sensor tests as well. Dlic/ncic and homeland security file checks are subject upon case by case basisBig Grin

Don't talk smack about Total!!
07-13-2010, 04:00 AM
^^^^ I understand completely and second your rules!! Cool