Poll: Which do you prefer as a Gourmet Grocery Item?
Kona Coffee
Coconut Water
Chicken Base
Diapers
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
095 Chicken Base
07-10-2010, 08:04 AM
095 Chicken Base
LeGout is French for The Taste!

Chicken Base is an essential for any kitchen. It's the flavor that begins any savory philosopher's dish! Just ask for a case of Oh9five!

Tell 'em Louie LeGout sent ya!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~SPOTTING TRENDS~

Spotting Trends... ePhilosopher9's Morning Coffee Thoughts

for July 10, 2010‏

I find it odd how the mind of the internet works. Whilst surfing the net this morning for a picture of famed chicken base cartoon character Louie LeGout, to no avail as of yet, just after a few clicks here and there, I ran across a link to the Top 25 Bestsellers in Grocery & Gourmet Food. I was amazed at the results!

At the top of the list was various types of coffees. These took up the top five spots!

~I guess Gloria Jean in Timothy's World are all Coffee People~

So starting to read down the list of items, I'm thinking, "Oh, ok, now I see. People like to buy coffee over the internet. I see how this is going" ... there is some internet yuppie-related cyber-gourmet coffee-cafe purchasing-phenomenon taking shape here. That makes sense, people drink a lot of coffee, and kona is a long way to fly to get coffee, as I eased into my second cup of the morning's urge to type of my observations. But then, I nearly spit-taked my liquid beans whilst reading further down the list, to my surprise, the top bestsellers in grocery and gourmet food took a wild twist and an unexpected turn! To my surprise, rounding out the top ten on the list are various kinds of diapers, with a baby-wipe thrown in the mix at number ten!

The pampered baby bottom contingency has shown that it's a force to be reckoned with! In a race for market share, the need for inexpensive internet diapers has shown up strong, sweeping the list all the way down to number thirteen of the Top 25!

But ... isn't this catgorized... under Food? I see they threw the word Grocery in the title to throw us off. But Seriously, Have Diapers Become A New Gourmet Food?

Not to be forgotten, coffee makes a strong return in the number fourteen position in the Top 25, flooding the list all the way down through number seventeen, with even Emeril's mug showing face at, Bam!, number sixteen!

Ahhh the strength of coffee cravers! Diapers detailers got nothing on 'em!

But wait... what's this at number eighteen?!?!? A Newcomer?!?!?! COCONUT WATER! Could it be??? Yes, that's right, folks. Smack dab in the heat for supremacy between diapers and coffee comes that super-spoiler of the ages... 100% Coconut Water! Glory be, where in the world did this notion come from?

Must have been an anomole... back to the list.

Diapers make a huge comeback to strengthen it's stronghold supremacy over coffee as the most adored on the top 25 list, sweeping numbers 19 thru 22.

Coffee attempts a slightl rebound, coming in at number 23, but Diapers quickly squashes it again at number 24. This is a tight race!

And finally, drum roll please...

The Award for Number 25, on the Top 25 Bestsellers in Grocery and Gourmet Food, Mr. Insignificant Himself: "O.N.E. Coconut Water!" Congratulations!

So, do you see a trend here?

It could have global ramifications, if you're thinking what I'm thinking.

Not to mention the coffee grinds in your diaper being washed off by 100% flowing coconut water and the imagery that it invokes. Not to mention the triple-entendre of the loose categorization of Gourmet, Grocery, and Diapers. Not to mention the mentality of those people in the market who buy these things on the internet, and the demographic therein. Not to mention that the notion that the majority of people must be coffee craving babies who occassionally have a coconut water 4% of the time Not to mention those who buy Grocery and Gourmet Food on the internet. Not to mention the keyword Best Sellers. Not to mention who came in 26th for honorable mention.

Seriously, do you see a forming trend here? I'd really like your opinion on this serious topic.

Sincerely,

ePhilosopher9

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bestsellers in Grocery & Gourmet Food
Any Category > Grocery & Gourmet Food (Updated hourly)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

412 days in the top 100 Coffee People, Donut Shop K-Cups for Keurig Brewers (Pack of 50) [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging] by Coffee People
4.4 out of 5 stars (452 customer reviews) | 1 customer discussion

2. Ranking has gone up in the past 24 hours
279 days in the top 100 Coffee People Kona Blend, Extra Bold K-Cups for Keurig Brewers (Pack of 50) [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging] by Coffee People
4.1 out of 5 stars (91 customer reviews)

3. Ranking has gone up in the past 24 hours
358 days in the top 100 Timothy's World Coffee, Breakfast Blend for Keurig Brewers, 50-Count K-Cups by Timothy's World Coffee
4.2 out of 5 stars (78 customer reviews)

4. Ranking has gone up in the past 24 hours
392 days in the top 100 Gloria Jean's Hazelnut K-Cups for Keurig Brewers (Pack of 50) [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging] by Gloria Jean's
4.3 out of 5 stars (91 customer reviews)

5. Ranking has gone up in the past 24 hours
396 days in the top 100 Coffee People Jet Fuel K-Cups for Keurig Brewers (Pack of 50) [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging] by Coffee People
4.3 out of 5 stars (122 customer reviews)

6. Ranking has gone down in the past 24 hours
986 days in the top 100 Pampers Baby-Dry Diapers, Size 3 (16-28 Lbs), Economy Plus Pack, 204 Diapers by Pampers
4.4 out of 5 stars (174 customer reviews) | 3 customer discussions

7. Ranking has gone down in the past 24 hours
139 days in the top 100 Pampers Baby Fresh Wipes, 720-count Box by Pampers
4.2 out of 5 stars (12 customer reviews) | 1 customer discussion

8. Ranking has gone down in the past 24 hours
977 days in the top 100 Pampers Baby-Dry Diapers, Size 4 (22-37 Lbs), Economy Plus Pack, 176 Diapers by Pampers

9. Ranking has gone down in the past 24 hours
760 days in the top 100 Seventh Generation Chlorine Free Baby Diapers, Stage 4 (22-37 Lbs.), Case of 120 Diapers [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging] by Seventh Generation
4.2 out of 5 stars (525 customer reviews) | 1 customer discussion

10. Ranking has gone down in the past 24 hours
1630 days in the top 100 Seventh Generation Baby Wipes Refills, Chlorine Free and Unscented, 70-Count Packs (Pack of 12) (840 Wipes) [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging] by Seventh Generation
4.3 out of 5 stars (333 customer reviews) | 1 customer discussion
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11. Ranking has gone down in the past 24 hours
626 days in the top 100 Pampers Sensitive Baby Wipes Refills, 192-Count Packages, Pack of Four (768 wipes) by Pampers
4.5 out of 5 stars (44 customer reviews) | 1 customer discussion

140 days in the top 100 Huggies Overnites Diapers, Size 5, Big Pack, 56-Count Box by Huggies
4.0 out of 5 stars (68 customer reviews) | 1 customer discussion

13. Ranking has gone up in the past 24 hours
316 days in the top 100 Timothy's World Coffee, Kona Blend for Keurig Brewers, Medium, 50-Count K-Cups by Timothy's World Coffee
4.1 out of 5 stars (69 customer reviews)

14. Ranking has gone up in the past 24 hours
263 days in the top 100 Diedrich French Roast, Dark K-Cups for Keurig Brewers (Pack of 50) [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging] by Diedrich
3.9 out of 5 stars (43 customer reviews)

15. Ranking has gone up in the past 24 hours
357 days in the top 100 Timothy's World Coffee, Colombian Decaffeinated for Keurig Brewers, Medium, 50-Count K-Cups by Timothy's World Coffee
4.3 out of 5 stars (75 customer reviews)

16. Ranking has gone up in the past 24 hours
653 days in the top 100 Emeril's Big Easy Bold Coffee for Keurig Brewers, 24-Count K-Cups (Pack of 2) by Emeril's
4.4 out of 5 stars (131 customer reviews)

17. Ranking has gone up in the past 24 hours
395 days in the top 100 Coffee People Wake Up Call K-Cups for Keurig Brewers (Pack of 50) [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging] by Coffee People
4.1 out of 5 stars (105 customer reviews) | 1 customer discussion

18. Ranking has gone down in the past 24 hours
1096 days in the top 100 Vita Coco 100% Pure Coconut Water, 11.2-Ounce Containers (Pack of 12) by Vita Coco
4.0 out of 5 stars (204 customer reviews)

19. Ranking has gone down in the past 24 hours
116 days in the top 100 Huggies Overnites Diapers, Size 4, Big Pack, 64-Count Box by Huggies
4.0 out of 5 stars (68 customer reviews) | 1 customer discussion

20. Ranking has gone down in the past 24 hours
764 days in the top 100 Seventh Generation Chlorine Free Baby Diapers, Stage 5 (Over 27 Lbs.), Case of 104 Diapers [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging] by Seventh Generation

21. Ranking has gone down in the past 24 hours
760 days in the top 100 Pampers Baby-Dry Diapers, Size 5 (27+ Lbs), Economy Plus Pack, 156 Diapers by Pampers

22. Ranking has gone down in the past 24 hours
747 days in the top 100 Seventh Generation Chlorine Free Baby Diapers, Stage 3 (16-28 Lbs.), Case of 140 Diapers [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging] by Seventh Generation

23. Ranking has gone up in the past 24 hours
286 days in the top 100 Coffee People Black Tiger K-Cups for Keurig Brewers (Pack of 50) [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging] by Coffee People
4.2 out of 5 stars (69 customer reviews) | 1 customer discussion

THE COFFEE THAT LOOKS LIKE A BOX OF DIAPERS
578 days in the top 100 Gloria Jean's Coffees, K-Cup, Flavored Coffee Variety for Keurig Brewers, 22-Count K-Cups (Pack of 2) by Gloria Jean's
3.9 out of 5 stars (109 customer reviews) | 1 customer discussion

25. Ranking has gone down in the past 24 hours
604 days in the top 100 O.N.E. Coconut Water, 11.2-Ounce Aseptic Containers (Pack of 12) by O.N.E.
4.1 out of 5 stars (179 customer reviews)

26 Ranking has gone LOL in the past 24 hours
Honorable Mention: LeGout Chicken Flavored Soup Base, Salt Free, 16-Ounce Units (Pack of 3)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2010, 11:54 PM
RE: 095 Chicken Base
AS YOU WERE.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply