Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ice Cream
02-13-2011, 03:53 PM
RE: Ice Cream
I know where Grand Rapids is, but not Allegan. I was a yooper for a long time until I changed jobs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2011, 03:53 PM
(02-13-2011 03:42 PM)boomer Wrote:  Can't be CEDAR Rapids - thats where I live!!!

How about Grand Rapids? My parents live not far from Grand Rapids....little town called Allegan. Sure they are having a difficult time with all this snow.

OK I am emailing elder brother now, after 10 years of him living in the US to say, "where do you live - exactly mate?"

Living the dream over here in Blighty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-13-2011, 05:48 PM
West Bloomfield - apparently!

02-13-2011, 06:04 PM
Hey.... that isn't too far from me Smile
02-14-2011, 03:25 AM
(02-13-2011 06:04 PM)RN-PRN Wrote:  Hey.... that isn't too far from me Smile

Its a small world. He works a Schenck Pegasus, or vice versa, calibrating engine performance under certain parameters - did some work for Al Unser Jnr and his racing car some years ago. He is a BSc, MSc, C.Eng, MIEE - my middle brother and I opted for the MBA route - three brothers all with Masters degrees.

02-14-2011, 06:59 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2011 07:01 AM by 2Beers.)
Ahhh more from "Troll Land".... a Yooper term of affection for those who live under the bridge(that would be Big Mac). I tease in fun, we lived in da U.P. eh for quite awhile and our oldest is dating a guy from K-Zoo so she gives him grief as well Smile

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
02-14-2011, 07:20 AM
(02-14-2011 03:25 AM)NWoBHM Wrote:  
(02-13-2011 06:04 PM)RN-PRN Wrote:  Hey.... that isn't too far from me Smile

Its a small world. He works a Schenck Pegasus, or vice versa, calibrating engine performance under certain parameters - did some work for Al Unser Jnr and his racing car some years ago. He is a BSc, MSc, C.Eng, MIEE - my middle brother and I opted for the MBA route - three brothers all with Masters degrees.

Troy is even closer...a few miles away. Working on my master's as well. Two out of the four of us kids will have one.
02-14-2011, 07:20 AM
(02-14-2011 06:59 AM)2Beers Wrote:  Ahhh more from "Troll Land".... a Yooper term of affection for those who live under the bridge(that would be Big Mac). I tease in fun, we lived in da U.P. eh for quite awhile and our oldest is dating a guy from K-Zoo so she gives him grief as well Smile

Hey...who you callin' a Troll Tongue
02-14-2011, 07:30 AM
Quote:Working on my master's as well. Two out of the four of us kids will have one.

Well done and best of luck - are you doing Business Admin? I am sure the spur in each of us was not be outdone by the others - so we all worked insane hours to get them.

I worked with a bloke in Texas who got his from Harvard, and was taught Strategic Management by Professor Michael Porter, (can you imagine??)

02-14-2011, 07:35 AM
Mine will be in Nursing. I am working toward one to be a Family Nurse Practitioner while working full time and being a full time Mom. Now where did them time for myself go. Maybe I will find out in a few years.