Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Poor sound at concerts
07-31-2010, 09:03 PM
RE: Poor sound at concerts
(07-31-2010 03:05 PM)old honda rider Wrote:  
(07-31-2010 02:52 PM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  Oviously not a Rush fan. Maybe his name should be buzz-kill-McGee.
S'ok. Different strokes, right? Besides, some just don't get it. And if they don't, that's fine, there's always Lady Ga-Ga. Or whatever...

Tru dat yo

Don't talk smack about Total!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2010, 08:09 AM
(07-30-2010 09:22 PM)Brutus Wrote:  Sorry to hear you had a bad experience at Jone's Beach V. Hear being the operative word. I know for a fact that the sound techs wander the gig during their checks to fine tune the audio. Not only that but they've done these venues so often they usually have the formula down pat bein' perfessional and all. My feed back from that gig is that it was quite good in terms of sound but I know that it can be very subjective. How did the 12-year-old find it?

Gio loved it! I don't think he heard what I was hearing. Overall I would say that it was a great concert-excellent performance but that aspect (over active subs)distracted my attention from the enjoyment a little bit.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-04-2010, 11:09 AM
(07-31-2010 03:05 PM)old honda rider Wrote:  
(07-31-2010 02:52 PM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  Oviously not a Rush fan. Maybe his name should be buzz-kill-McGee.
S'ok. Different strokes, right? Besides, some just don't get it. And if they don't, that's fine, there's always Lady Ga-Ga. Or whatever...

probably a nice nice man. I'm sure he loves his boy george and his colorful hand soap collection.

08-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Now, now. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and comments as long as they are well meant. No need to get insulting or mean spirited, sayin'? I've had problems with sound at concerts myself and wouldn't blame the band or the opinion of someone who was there and simply trying to enjoy the music. Beauty can be sometimes in the ears of the beholder.

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
08-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Hope I didn't create too much controversy! Wow, this was the first post than anyone has responded to. What other hot topics could I possibly add?
08-04-2010, 01:23 PM
I saw "the boyz" at Mohican Sun and for an inside venue the sound was surprisingly receptive and pleasing to my ears. Many inside concerts sound unclear because of the bouncing and reverberations, but this particular show had sonic value to me.

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." -J.R.R. Tolkien
08-05-2010, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2010 12:58 AM by Neilbubbachuck.)
(08-04-2010 11:55 AM)Brutus Wrote:  Now, now. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and comments as long as they are well meant. No need to get insulting or mean spirited, sayin'? I've had problems with sound at concerts myself and wouldn't blame the band or the opinion of someone who was there and simply trying to enjoy the music. Beauty can be sometimes in the ears of the beholder.

airnair! Sorry guys, my bad. failed attempt at humor. Certainly no intent on my part to be harmful. Confused
(08-04-2010 12:43 PM)VincentUlyssis Wrote:  Hope I didn't create too much controversy! Wow, this was the first post than anyone has responded to. What other hot topics could I possibly add?

Ahh man, I feel bad. please know that my stupid comments were directed at the rush critic that I downloaded off of mufasa's quote. And stupid it was, and shan't happen again. Peace.

08-06-2010, 05:01 PM
I've yet to experience a bad concert with the guys. I've been to almost everyone since the HYF and I always come away as awestruck as I was when I first saw them.

That being said, there's been a few concerts from other performers I should have walked out on. But, when you're there with the love of your life, that's not always an option....
09-21-2010, 07:27 PM
Now that I've had a couple of months to digest the night, I have to say it was an excellent concert. I suppose I was being hyper critical, not of the guys, but the sound crew. Overall they did a fine job. I think it was where my seat was in relation to the subs. The sound booth has always been a possible source of contention with me when I play live. I wonder what it sounds like out there, because I'm not always content with what it sounds like in my monitor. i think I should have considered a different title for this thread.