Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Drumming
03-10-2016, 08:11 AM
RE: Drumming
Funnily enough I put up the Paiste 2002's today to rehearse with, and these sound so like the drum cymbal sound of Bonham. not surprising, I know, as these are the cymbals he used, but considering what I was saying above these cymbals are the most faithful up close and personal as what you hear recorded. I cannot say the same for my A Zildjian's or Paragon's.

Living the dream over here in Blighty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2016, 09:19 AM
Thanks so much for the info!
I will look over some vids.
I did stop by a "Big Box" store on my way home and played about 8 or 10 of the usual splashes. No real breakthroughs though.
I'll keep you informed once I have some real time to listen.

Thank you!

"I don't cook; I prepare things." My late brother Bill
Find all posts by this user
03-10-2016, 08:11 PM
On Sabian's website, you can listen to many of their cymbals, alone and in a musical application. That might give you an idea, but like NWo said, various recording settings will impact the sound.
This is embarrassingly stupid, but I have a Sabian XS20 10" splash that I've never played. I don't have a stand for it...... Blush ugh.

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
03-11-2016, 03:08 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2016 03:35 AM by NWoBHM.)
Actually, yes, I think all the cymbal sites have samples of their ranges.

No stand for my cymbal………………..Good name for a blues track!…………..Drink my whisky from a thimble……………livin with them no stand slow hand blues.

Gonna get me some work……………….gonna get me some cash in my hand………………i'm gonna work till I get me that stand………...

03-11-2016, 09:10 AM
Thanks, folks! I did discover the Sabian recordings. (And nice lyrics there NW!)

Hey Gunga, no separate stand is needed, just get one of those short cymbal stackers...they come in 2 or 3 sizes and just screw into the top of your current stand. This way, you can have a splash mounted about 3 to 6 inches above your main crash. Easy peasy and cheapy weepy!

"I don't cook; I prepare things." My late brother Bill
03-11-2016, 09:19 AM
Been looking at those, Nung! One of these days....
NWo, I think it's time you got an agent! Those lyrics............

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
03-11-2016, 09:32 AM
Hahaha. Not as good as Bubba's!! Nor is my drumming!! Now I have got those self image loathing blues……..

Oh well. It's very nearly pub o'clock over here, and there is a Robinson's still cider calling out to me.

I play Wychefest tomorrow. A tribute to Lemmy. Rock 'n' Roll!!!

04-10-2016, 10:17 AM
Cynic (UK) Live at Brofest!! First minute of filming the vocals are not up in the mix, (actually I think they are only in the stage monitors, but sons gets sorted out).

35 mins. Grab a cook one and watch some NWoBHM!!!Wink

CYNIC (UK) Live at BROFEST.

04-10-2016, 06:40 PM
(04-10-2016 10:17 AM)NWoBHM Wrote:  Cynic (UK) Live at Brofest!! First minute of filming the vocals are not up in the mix, (actually I think they are only in the stage monitors, but sons gets sorted out).

You sound great!(after I could here the vocals.)

04-11-2016, 01:24 AM
(04-10-2016 06:40 PM)Nettie Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 10:17 AM)NWoBHM Wrote:  Cynic (UK) Live at Brofest!! First minute of filming the vocals are not up in the mix, (actually I think they are only in the stage monitors, but sons gets sorted out).

You sound great!(after I could here the vocals.)

Thanks Nettie. Funny to think I was at school with the singer, and we played in our first band when we were 14 or 15. We formed Cynic (UK) in 1979. Pretty similar to Ged and Alex. Would have loved to have achieved what they did. Hey ho!!
It a shame the vocals are down at the beginning but that is music live. Mea culpa. We are all humans.