Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Drumming
04-13-2016, 07:53 PM
RE: Drumming
NWo! Loved to watch you rocking out! That was great!

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2016, 12:48 AM
(04-13-2016 07:53 PM)Gungawoman Wrote:  NWo! Loved to watch you rocking out! That was great!

Thanks Gunga. It was a great gig, and we had a lot of fun.

Living the dream over here in Blighty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-14-2016, 09:13 AM
Yes indeed! You guys are the real deal!
I enjoyed the performance. Clearly you all have fun.

You made my day NW!

"I don't cook; I prepare things." My late brother Bill
04-14-2016, 10:46 AM
(04-14-2016 09:13 AM)Nung Wrote:  Yes indeed! You guys are the real deal!
I enjoyed the performance. Clearly you all have fun.

You made my day NW!

Thanks Nung. Much appreciated mate! I think the film guys from Germany did a tremendous job. I am not sure if they had a 'feed' from the desk, but apart from the vox not being there for the first mins it seems really well mixed too. Might have benefitted from a bit more cymbals in the overheads and toms, but it is like the old Deep Purple saying, "can we have everything louder than everything else"

Would love to do some European dates this summer, as there are a lot of dedicated NWoBHM festivals over there, especially in Germany!!

04-25-2016, 12:28 PM
I have just spent a very enjoyable 20 mins reading about all the drum kits Bubba has used in his career. An enormous assortment, and different types, sizes, woods and finishes. They all look so wonderful, and I wonder if I will ever get / afford a DW kit. I have been in and out of unrequited love with those kits since Bubba turned up in 'WIP' with the Red Sparkle one. I wanted the same kit so badly (well only the 4 piece version) for years. It was around when Belle (my eldest daughter was born) 1996, and I have wanted one ever since. 20 Years, and another daughter, and having to get a bigger house (min three beds) meant that ship sailed. Still I wonder one day…….

I used to say to Belle, "I would love a Red Sparkle", and she would shout back, as only a young girl can, "You Caaaan", as though by her saying it was OK, meant I could have one. Argh, the innocence of youth.

04-30-2016, 09:25 AM
(04-25-2016 12:28 PM)NWoBHM Wrote:  I have just spent a very enjoyable 20 mins reading about all the drum kits Bubba has used in his career. An enormous assortment, and different types, sizes, woods and finishes. They all look so wonderful, and I wonder if I will ever get / afford a DW kit. I have been in and out of unrequited love with those kits since Bubba turned up in 'WIP' with the Red Sparkle one. I wanted the same kit so badly (well only the 4 piece version) for years. It was around when Belle (my eldest daughter was born) 1996, and I have wanted one ever since. 20 Years, and another daughter, and having to get a bigger house (min three beds) meant that ship sailed. Still I wonder one day…….

I used to say to Belle, "I would love a Red Sparkle", and she would shout back, as only a young girl can, "You Caaaan", as though by her saying it was OK, meant I could have one. Argh, the innocence of youth.

Ah, if it were only that simple..... Smile

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
04-30-2016, 09:43 AM
(04-30-2016 09:25 AM)Gungawoman Wrote:  
(04-25-2016 12:28 PM)NWoBHM Wrote:  I have just spent a very enjoyable 20 mins reading about all the drum kits Bubba has used in his career. An enormous assortment, and different types, sizes, woods and finishes. They all look so wonderful, and I wonder if I will ever get / afford a DW kit. I have been in and out of unrequited love with those kits since Bubba turned up in 'WIP' with the Red Sparkle one. I wanted the same kit so badly (well only the 4 piece version) for years. It was around when Belle (my eldest daughter was born) 1996, and I have wanted one ever since. 20 Years, and another daughter, and having to get a bigger house (min three beds) meant that ship sailed. Still I wonder one day…….

Ah, if it were only that simple..... Smile

Indeed. One day maybe.

04-30-2016, 09:50 AM
I was talking with the lovely people at Gretsch the other day, trying to get some information on the Gretsch USA Custom snare my wife bought for me in 1989 as a Christmas present. They told me it was made in Ridgeland Carolina and was made with Jasper Maple / Gum / Maple shells. The beauty of these drums, (and when I think about it probably all drums), is that the drilling tools, sanding tools, and techniques for manufacture are the same as used for all Gretsch drums. So my snare has passed through the same production line which made Tony Williams, Charlie Watts, Phil Collins and Vinne Colaiuta drums. That's a nice thought.

05-04-2016, 05:56 AM
It's funny thing Twitter. Last night Phil Gould of Level 42 and I started having a Tweet conversation, from all things from drummers, to politics. I came away from the conversation thinking, not only is he a great drummer, but he is a great human being too.

There are some really generous people out there on the internet.

05-04-2016, 09:29 AM
(05-04-2016 05:56 AM)NWoBHM Wrote:  It's funny thing Twitter. Last night Phil Gould of Level 42 and I started having a Tweet conversation, from all things from drummers, to politics. I came away from the conversation thinking, not only is he a great drummer, but he is a great human being too.

There are some really generous people out there on the internet.

And many of them are drummers! Smile

Some of my favorite, all-around humans are drummers.

"I don't cook; I prepare things." My late brother Bill