Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Piquilla Peppers Stuffed with Shrimp, Goat Cheese and Corn with Avocado Creme
04-18-2010, 07:31 PM

Ingredients:

12 Piquilla peppers (I found mine at a grocery store already cleaned).
½ pound of raw shrimp (peeled, deveined and chopped coarsely)
12 ounces of gluten free goat cheese (room temperature)
1/3 c of corn kernels
1/3 cup of minced chives
1 small egg yolk
Pinch of sea salt
4 good cracks of black pepper
1 T EVO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)

Procedure:

Add shrimp, goat cheese, corn, chives, egg yolk, salt and pepper to a medium sized bowl. Mix well. Drain the peppers. Use a teaspoon and carefully fill each pepper with the stuffing. Leave a little space at the top then seal in the stuffing. Line the peppers in a casserole dish. If you want to hold them for the next day- cover them and hold overnight in your fridge. Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees. Drizzle the peppers with EVO and bake the peppers for 15 minutes uncovered and serve immediately with the avocado creme.

Avocado Creme

Ingredients:

1 Large organic avocado (pitted and scooped)
1 T tomitilla salsa (find this ingredient in a jar at your local grocery store)
1 shave of fresh nutmeg
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
1 pinch of sea salt
2 cracks of fresh pepper

Procedure:

Add all the ingredients to a small food processor and pulse until smooth. Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika or dices tomato.
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2010, 08:32 PM
RE: Piquilla Peppers Stuffed with Shrimp, Goat Cheese and Corn with Avocado Creme
Stuffed Pepperoncini

1/2 lb Bacon - cooked well and crumbled
8 oz. cream cheese - softened
1 TBSP onion powder
1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
2 TBSP (or so) milk
1 16 oz. jar of pepperoncini peppers - drained, patted dry with some paper towel

In a mixer add the cream cheese, bacon, cheddar, onion powder and mix well. Add in the milk little at a time until it becomes creamy and pliable to be able to pipe into the peppers. Place the mix into a zip-top gallon bag. Take the drained peppers and open one side and remove the seeds. Snip a corner off of the bag of cheesey mix and then pipe in to the peppers filling them up. Place filled peppers on a plate or in a container and chill for 4 hours to over nite. Serve.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
Find all posts by this user
02-09-2015, 02:10 PM
RE: Piquilla Peppers Stuffed with Shrimp, Goat Cheese and Corn with Avocado Creme
Greetings Optimal Living...

Just wanted to thank you(if you're still around) for the excellent recipe tip. For some reason obtaining processed piquilla peppers around here was much like sourcing a vial of Chuck Norris' tears...mission impossible as they they simply don't exist. So I went old school fire roasted fresh poblano.

[Image: food354_zpsf1l2nr2e.jpg]

Made a couple other tweaks as well. Went with a tequila/jalapeno beurre blanc instead of the avocado creme, and I added home made crispy tortilla chips to balance the texture.

I always take great pleasure when somebody prepares and enjoys one of my creations, so I'm letting you know I prepared and greatly enjoyed yours. Thanks again!Cool

[Image: food355_zpssjlqn3lr.jpg]

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
02-10-2015, 05:54 PM
What time is dinner and how do I get to your house?!?!?

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
02-11-2015, 04:45 PM
...Big Grin

03-28-2015, 09:16 AM
***SIIIIIGGGGH***
Srsly Sunset, you need to start up a food delivery service, and I need to be first on the list... Big Grin

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
04-17-2015, 11:18 AM
Shucks...Blush