Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Buckwheat backfire
08-16-2010, 09:36 PM
Buckwheat backfire
Okay, I seem to remember liking buckwheat pancakes when I was a kid. So what went wrong here?

I was looking through my cupboards tonight - I seriously need to go grocery shopping - and I saw that I had some buckwheat flour. "Why not try to make some buckwheat bread?" I asked myself.

Well I made some, and it is totally gross. It's GROSS! Nasty! Don't do this. I am throwing out the rest of the flour. Blech! Yucky. I am going to have to drink yet even more wine to get that taste out of my mouth.

Rarely do I have such disasters in the kitchen, but I thought I should warn you: beware the buckwheat; it's nasty.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2010, 11:41 PM
RE: Buckwheat backfire
Several years ago, my husband remembered really liking buckwheat pancakes when he was younger. So I bought a box of buckwheat pancake mix, brought it home and made some pancakes. The taste wasn't what he remembered, so I never made them again. Yuck!

A party without cake is really just a meeting
08-16-2010, 11:45 PM
(08-16-2010 11:41 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  Several years ago, my husband remembered really liking buckwheat pancakes when he was younger. So I bought a box of buckwheat pancake mix, brought it home and made some pancakes. The taste wasn't what he remembered, so I never made them again. Yuck!

Too funny! I swear that stuff used to taste good! I guess maybe it's meant only for a kid's palate . . . with tons of maple syrup!
08-17-2010, 08:41 AM
(08-16-2010 11:45 PM)Holly Wrote:  
(08-16-2010 11:41 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  Several years ago, my husband remembered really liking buckwheat pancakes when he was younger. So I bought a box of buckwheat pancake mix, brought it home and made some pancakes. The taste wasn't what he remembered, so I never made them again. Yuck!

Too funny! I swear that stuff used to taste good! I guess maybe it's meant only for a kid's palate . . . with tons of maple syrup!

You're probably right! LOL

A party without cake is really just a meeting