Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wedding Cake Money Saving Trick
11-03-2010, 09:29 AM
RE: Wedding Cake Money Saving Trick
Nothing too special just a dark chocolate brownie with chunks of chocolate and then with a milk chocolate frosting. Oh, my Best Friend's Hubby has a serious sweet tooth. He said though that the homemade "shine" his cousin brought up from Tenn. went well as a nice accent. I don't know I didn't try it as after 2 shots he was a bit,well... toasted.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2010, 04:15 PM
I've heard of people doing this another way, for those who want the traditional cake cutting. Have dummy tiers (that's what those fake layers are called) for as many layers as you want. Pick one or more layers to be the real thing. I have to say though, I don't know that this would save a ton of money, as most places charge more for the decorations than the actual cake.

Good food and good health are important. Don't sacrifice taste for nutrition and if I don't leave the advertising out of my signature, I will be banned forever.
11-30-2010, 04:02 AM
(11-30-2010 01:51 AM)nikkiatlasvegas Wrote:  Wedding Cake, Venue, Ring, etc. everything is special always. So during this time no one can be money oriented.

what about a caveman?

Don't talk smack about Total!!