Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the Weirdest Food (of Food Combo) That You Have Ever Eaten/Been served?
09-02-2010, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2010 07:39 PM by Bageleth.)
What is the Weirdest Food (of Food Combo) That You Have Ever Eaten/Been served?
I'll start. I was little when this one happened. My mom, was really focused on getting enough protein in our meals (even though we ate beef at every meal). She would try to find ways to add protein to the hamburger. Once she added an egg (not really a big deal). However, she thought that maybe adding peanut butter would not only add protein, but that it was taste good too (she loved peanut butter). So she made up hamburger patties with a mixture of the two. The two compounds didn't bind together and as soon as she tried to flip them, they fell apart. Needless to say, that experiment never made it to the table and was never tried again.

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2010, 09:22 AM
RE: What is the Weirdest Food (of Food Combo) That You Have Ever Eaten/Been served?
Aha. Thats all too simple. HAGGUSS! I was in the navy stationed at the submarine base in Holy Loch, Scotland. I LOVE Scotland, it simply reminds me of home so much. The folks there are about the heartiest folk around, but on one particular excursion to one of the Highlands communities, the waitress got my order mixed up with another patron, and she brought me a plate of hagguss. Lets make one thing perfectly clear - I am not a guy who enjoys eating the internal organs of animals, and sheep are at the top of that list! And to boot, I was not very fond of the smell. After she realized her mistake, she returned with a full plate of fresh salmon and red potatoes on the house. It was a simple honest mistake, but I am just not a hagguss kind of guy.

The other one would be chocolate covered cockroaches. But thats another story.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
09-03-2010, 12:51 PM
RE: What is the Weirdest Food (of Food Combo) That You Have Ever Eaten/Been served?
Quote:I was in the navy stationed at the submarine base in Holy Loch, Scotland
I think a mate of mine was based there, or Faslane? Was Holy Loch US Navy and Faslane Royal Navy? Anyway he served on RN Submarines for years, then RN Diving and then finished with 5 years in the SAS, in Air Troop I imagine as he was always jumping out of planes at very high altitudes. Lovely quiet bloke, you would never know what he did for a living.
09-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Crocodile balls.

Not testicles. Just meat balls made with crocodile meat.

Had it when I was in Australia on - who'da thunkit? - a crocodile sanctuary/reserve. (I didn't know crocs needed a sanctuary, but apparently they do.)

Actually, had it twice. Once going down...

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
09-04-2010, 11:34 AM
(09-03-2010 12:51 PM)NWoBHM Wrote:  
Quote:I was in the navy stationed at the submarine base in Holy Loch, Scotland
I think a mate of mine was based there, or Faslane? Was Holy Loch US Navy and Faslane Royal Navy? Anyway he served on RN Submarines for years, then RN Diving and then finished with 5 years in the SAS, in Air Troop I imagine as he was always jumping out of planes at very high altitudes. Lovely quiet bloke, you would never know what he did for a living.

Faslane was the Royal Navy Sub Base, and Holy Loch was our "base" of sorts. They stuck a submarine tender in the middle of the loch and called it a base. Gotta be careful of those quiet folk - you never know which direction they get you. Maybe thats why I went into subs.

09-04-2010, 12:40 PM
I've eatten various species of flys, probably fly eggs too, moths, Nats, beetles, bees and many other crunchy bugs all while
riding my bike. Does this count?

Don't talk smack about Total!!
09-04-2010, 02:40 PM
(09-04-2010 12:40 PM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  I've eatten various species of flys, probably fly eggs too, moths, Nats, beetles, bees and many other crunchy bugs all while

Oh thats just roadkill guy. We all eat those various forms of protein at one time or another. Like the time I was grilling chicken and didnt know a dragonfly had imbedded himself into some chicken I grilled, but thats another story.

09-04-2010, 03:08 PM
(09-04-2010 02:40 PM)boomer Wrote:  
(09-04-2010 12:40 PM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  I've eatten various species of flys, probably fly eggs too, moths, Nats, beetles, bees and many other crunchy bugs all while

Oh thats just roadkill guy. We all eat those various forms of protein at one time or another. Like the time I was grilling chicken and didnt know a dragonfly had imbedded himself into some chicken I grilled, but thats another story.

My husband just said that those are always good with ketchup!

A party without cake is really just a meeting
09-04-2010, 04:04 PM
When I was is Japan I had some raw horse meat. It’s a delicacy over there. It was sliced really thin and eaten wrapped around something spicy, I think it was daikon. It was actually really good. I was then served some fermented beans called nato beans. They're really sticky, smell bad, and taste worse. I kept them down, but man they were bad. I've had some other exotic stuff, but those beans are probably the most memorable to me.
09-04-2010, 06:13 PM
(09-04-2010 03:08 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  
(09-04-2010 02:40 PM)boomer Wrote:  

My husband just said that those are always good with ketchup!

I prefer the Grey Poupon myself! Gives it a little tang.Tongue