09-26-2010, 11:09 AM
RE: Cooking (and cleaning) as an act of love
Now I want to go to the beach!

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2010, 11:14 AM
(09-26-2010 11:09 AM)Bageleth Wrote:  Now I want to go to the beach!

If you think YOU have it bad, my wife and I are going CRAZY! Being landlocked is tantamount to taking Ol Bubba's Macallan away for a YEAR!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
09-26-2010, 11:19 AM
I really can't imagine not having access to the coast. I've always lived about an hour and a half away from the coast. Anytime I've thought about wanting to live elsewhere, the locations have always been on either coast. Never in between. The beach is relaxing and beautiful! Anytime that we have gone, I take enough pictures to fill a scrapbook.

09-26-2010, 11:27 AM
Well, its my hope that we CAN return some day. Unfortunately my wife is not getting any younger, and I am safely employed, and you just hate to leave a good retirement pension on the table.

But - we hate not being able to run to the coast for a weekend too.

09-26-2010, 11:35 AM
Boomer, the next time I go to the coast, I'll post pictures on FB and Flickr and you (and whoever else would like to) can enjoy them Smile Hopefully they won't make you and your wife homesick.

09-26-2010, 11:42 AM
Thanks B....its just so hard to walk outside, and not see Mt Hood, or not be able to ride to the coast. Heck, on my Harley I could spend all weekend riding up and down the coast, and never even break a sweat. We miss it so very much!!!

09-28-2010, 06:51 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2010 07:02 PM by VincentUlyssis.)
My friend Bruce Rose (See him on Facebook-tell him you know me) posts the south shore beaches of Long Island and Kayak trips. He's a cool guy and a great musician with whom I regularly play.

A picnic to a beach or park with a loved one can be an act of love. Pack a nice lunch, some fruit, a bottle of wine, some cheese....and perhaps an act of love..., though after 20 years of marriage...but you can have the romance anyway. It's nice too.
If anyone ever makes it out here check out the bluff in Kings Park at the mouth of the river, Smithtown Bay, Long Island Sound. The tide moves in and out fast particularly right before high and low. It's good to stand on the west side, but you can also access the east side by traveling through Nissequogue. You'd have to stop at the Saint James General Store and anyone on a motorcycle would love to explore that area. So much nature, especially birds. The Piping Plover are protected there and you can see quite a few. There's also an Osprey nest on the river. Neil, if you make it out I'll take you on a tour with my 9 1/2 foot tri hull. Very stable. you could drift up or down with the tide if timed right, but I prefer near high tide with my Mercury 3.3HP. the current can be strong. Snappers are running now. I don't usually fish but I've been tempted lately.
09-29-2010, 01:37 PM
Life is so strange. Being single rules! Give me a quality paperplate and I'm ecstatic. And no domestics!

Don't talk smack about Total!!
Find all posts by this user
09-29-2010, 01:54 PM
(09-29-2010 01:37 PM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  Life is so strange. Being single rules! Give me a quality paperplate and I'm ecstatic. And no domestics!

So, does this mean that you're rescinding your request to Brutus to bring you back a Brazilian bride? lol

09-29-2010, 02:40 PM
(09-29-2010 01:54 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  
(09-29-2010 01:37 PM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  Life is so strange. Being single rules! Give me a quality paperplate and I'm ecstatic. And no domestics!

So, does this mean that you're rescinding your request to Brutus to bring you back a Brazilian bride? lol

Well hey now! Hold on there sis, did I ever tell you that my nickname used to be The Palmolive kid? I love doing dishes, and will be a loving dishboy for my hot Brizilian wife to be. No streaks or spots even. Ok?

Don't talk smack about Total!!
Find all posts by this user