Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cooking (and cleaning) as an act of love
09-29-2010, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2010 05:21 PM by Mufasa.)
RE: Cooking (and cleaning) as an act of love
Years ago, a friend told me he was getting married because he was tired of having trouble with women...

BWA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAA <SNORT!> HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Is your friend's name Pee Wee Herman?

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-03-2010, 07:21 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2010 07:22 PM by VincentUlyssis.)
After 20 years being married someone once asked if I might "trade in for a newer model..." My response is basically "why start a new argument when this one's going just fine?"
10-09-2010, 06:22 AM
So I believe the challenge at the heart of the matter is to keep giving and let forgiveness reign in spite of setbacks and failures.

Shop, cook, clean and fix things!
11-26-2010, 08:15 AM
Wow, was that too deep?

Anyhow...it doesn't come easy for me, though i have never cleaned a sink and loaded and unloaded a dishwasher as often as I do now. Seems like twice a day a lot. ...not sure how much it's appreciated, but I'll give anyway. It's almost a habit-cleaning in the kitchen....but it's not always easy. I've been cooking less but providing the wine, bread, cheese, and sottaceti. I'm really into cooking for the Christmas season.

How's everyone else doing with this?
11-26-2010, 04:31 PM
Must google "sottaceti"!

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
11-26-2010, 06:04 PM
Cujo lives for Christmas decoration. Seriously. My attic? pfffft... my attic - my arse... it's HER attic! FULL OF CHRISTMAS CRAP!!!
I'll take some shots after she's finished slathering the house with yuletide "cheer"... it's nice - once.... it's... DONE!
I've seen third world countries overthrown faster and more efficiently.
<grumble-grumble, spit-hiss...)

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
11-26-2010, 07:51 PM
I believe it was Mark Twain that said, "It is better to not cook the meal and hense clean the dishes, than to actually sit at a table and pretend to enjoy that which was created with cheese and noodle." Yeah! Though I say, cheese and noodle is not to be shunned. Verily cheese and noodle is god given.

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
11-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Who is John Galt?
11-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Mmmmmm...cheese and noodles.