Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Murder on the Capsaicin Express
04-28-2010, 07:27 AM
RE: Murder on the Capsaicin Express
(04-21-2010 09:50 AM)Hakky Wrote:  And so is it funny that the little bottles in 5oz or 10oz sizes that glass companies sell are called "Woozy" bottles in the respective industry?
Honest, they are! (My employer manufactures them)

(speaking of bottles...)
What a great day! The sun is brighter, the air is fresher, and I anticipate that even the water will taste better in my new, exclusive 25 oz. Logo Stainless Steel Water bottles!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2010, 09:18 AM
I remember once going into a store that had tons of hot sauces, and began perusing them. I saw one with the tell tale skull and cross bones, and I asked the shopkeeper about it. She told me I would have to actually sign a waiver before buying stating that I understand this sauce could kill me if I ate too much. I just about fell on the floor with astonishment. Turns out you really only need a drop or two at most for a vat of chili and trying to eat, say, a teaspoon of it could give you a heart attack.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-29-2010, 12:04 AM
My husband and I always make pretzels dipped in white chocolate for Christmas. About 10 years ago, he got the bright idea to sprinkle the pretzels with cayenne pepper. I refused to eat them. The next year, he put the cayenne directly into the white chocolate. I did try them, and there is a very nice, cumulative heat that sneaks up on you. When you first take a bite, they kind of taste like red-hots - not too spicy, just a little bite. Then after you have swallowed it, it crawls back up your throat and smacks you. I worked with a guy named Bill at the time who liked to try my various creations. I told him about the cayenne pretzels, warned him that other people had choked while trying to eat them, and he said the 3 macho words that made my husband cheer - "Bring it ON!" I warned him. I told Bill that he shouldn't have said it quite like that, because all it would do is encourage the sadist I married. He just chuckled and said "I can take the heat." Needless to say, my husband decided it would be amusing to put some extra cayenne in the pretzels for Bill since he claimed to be able to take it.

At this point I should mention that we did a radio show. A MORNING radio show. Bill decided to eat one of the pretzels during a 3 minute commercial break. He stuffed the entire thing in his mouth, and declared "this tastes kind of sweet, not too much heat. I thought these were hot!" Then he swallowed, and the pretzel must have been insulted, because it proceeded to choke my morning partner. His face was red, tears streamed out his eyes, and he was coughing incessantly for at least 10 minutes. He went right into the song from the commercial break instead of talking like we were supposed to do since he was incapable of speaking. I did bring some milk with me, knowing he would need it, and it brought his face back to a normal color. He vowed at that point that he would never again say "bring it on."
04-29-2010, 08:12 AM
"And another one bites the dust"! That's hilarious. If your husband enjoys "hot" chocolate he should try whipping up a Mole sauce. Me and Bubba loves our Mole some lot. Ahhhhhh....memories of a restaurant above the zocalo in Oaxaca come flooding back. But I believe the remedy may have been a margarita, not leche. Burn baby, burn.

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
Find all posts by this user
05-01-2010, 09:02 PM
One of my friends' parents are from Mexico, and his mom makes the BEST food. You can eat a 7 course meal, be completely stuffed, and if you walk into her house, you'll be hungry in spite of yourself. I should get HER mole recipe. Might have to do that for dinner tomorrow, in fact.
05-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Ahh, the age old fascination with things that test the fortitude of one's cajones. While I typically shy away from things of extreme heat due to my sensitive bowels, I do enjoy a medium kick, mostly because of the sweet flavor associated with some of the "hot" spices.

These stories of embarrassment remind me of my friend who is a couple years younger than me. Being college kids, we do enjoy macaroni and cheese from the blue box (THE CHEESIEST!!), but on this particular occasion, my friend, Topher, decided he wanted to roast up a jalapeno pepper and add it to the pot of bright yellow mac & cheese. He began roasting it over one of the flames on his gas stove with barbecue tongs. After it was roasted to his liking he decided to cut it up and add it to the mac. All was well and Topher headed to the bathroom to relieve himself, but when he came out, he had this come-to-Jesus look of pure fear on his face.

Topher hadn't worn gloves when chopping up the pepper, nor had he washed his hands before unzipping his pants and so the heat from the oils of the chili had begun to "cook" his manhood.

After the ensuing rounds of laughter by my friends and I, Topher had to wipe some tears from his eye from laughing, or crying from pain, which led to more oils getting on his face.

Lesson be learned, respect the heat Blush
05-03-2010, 11:29 AM
(04-29-2010 08:12 AM)Brutus Wrote:  "And another one bites the dust"! That's hilarious. If your husband enjoys "hot" chocolate he should try whipping up a Mole sauce. Me and Bubba loves our Mole some lot. Ahhhhhh....memories of a restaurant above the zocalo in Oaxaca come flooding back. But I believe the remedy may have been a margarita, not leche. Burn baby, burn.
Ah, more Mole aficionados! I just discovered it (whodathunk putting chocolate in a hot sauce would make any sense?) and whipped up a batch a few weeks ago. WOWZA... HAWWWTT!! Great stuff though.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
05-03-2010, 03:12 PM
I have a group of guys who periodically get together for lunch in Chicago at different restaraunts. One of our favorites is "Heaven on 7" which does a nice cajun theme. Knowing the mgmt there, several of our guys persuaded them to bring out some samples of the really hot sauces. I'm OK accepting I don't like the serious heat, but we laughed for 15 minutes at the three who chose to put drops from toothpicks (recommended technique by staff warning) onto a small crust of bread. One in particular whose bald head burst into sweat within 15 seconds and became red as a beet!

Also, I once created a comedy sketch of a redneck preacher officiating a redneck wedding with the homily being, "Why Love is like a ballpark nacho." The gist being when you ask for the peppers, you know it's gonna be painful and yet so wonderful, and it's gonna hurt more tomorrow than it does today, and yet next time you go to a game you'll do it all over again.
05-06-2010, 07:29 PM
holy jaloproctitis batman!

what a great thread. i am a major chile head. my favorite chiles are the new mexican chiles both green and red. my second favorite probably is the habanero.
05-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Ok, Brutus your story had me rolling on the ground!!! I love men!!! The things they’ll do… Big Grin

Spicy food with good flavor is GOOD. Spicy food that is just spicy to be HOT, not so much! Mole is delish! I enjoy a spicy salsa as much as most people, though it’s much better if you make it yourself. Eggs with onion, cheese, and jalapeno… yum!

Every woman loves a man that can cook! Tongue