Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Murder on the Capsaicin Express
05-11-2010, 07:03 PM
RE: Murder on the Capsaicin Express
(04-19-2010 08:00 PM)Brutus Wrote:  You can't handle the heat!

It finally came to me... every time I read this, I think of something that Reggie Leach said, scrawled on a some wall. LOL, you crack me up.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2010, 08:08 PM
That is hilarious... and I know Dave's Insanity... it got me one time.
I was at some event or another, they were there sampling. I went up the line, trying all the sauces. I got to the second from the end, no biggie.
It should be noted that I love hot stuff... I grow my own hot peppers bcause the ones from the store aren't hot enough.
Anyways, I took a sample of the INsanty... and about died!!!! I was in tears there in the middle of the place....

Speaking of hot stuff. There is a restaurant in Chinatown here in Boston, the sort of place that has two menus... one for the Asians, and the other for us 'Murricans.
I had sampled a dish a year back when there, and loved it, so my friend and I ordered the Beef with Long Horn peppers. My gods that was hot... but delicious.
Sadly, I contracted what I think was the Norovirus (minor case) the next evening, and lets just say that those peppers got you coming and going.
Find all posts by this user
05-13-2010, 01:58 PM
I picked up a small bottle of "Daves Insanity" a few years ago [/i]and gave it to my cousin who cooks and loves intense spice. He placed it on the picnic table at a neighborhood BBQ. A lady went to use it and he sternly warned her that even 1/2 a drop could disable a person. She disregarded the cautionary statement and proceeded to POUR it on her hamburger. Needless to say, she almost had to go to the hospital that evening!
Vince
06-10-2010, 02:38 PM
only a drop on a sugarcube infused with the absinthe, lit spirit commences. drip. pe plockpeacock life squirts and dribbles. What evey Grill and Bar needs is a good driggle glass.

From the back of the magazine, there it was, next to the Doogie X-Ray Seeing iGlasses!

Confundamundeaux! betwixted bottle and withered, i bewiltered over to the saunty ladies sandaling, and with of a dropped thing, i dropped my eye to the sandy dandles and sauntered dandily over to the sand and sang dandelion don't tell no lies.
06-26-2010, 12:24 AM
NOLA Hot Sauce Gourmet Show
Saturday, June 26, 2010Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Green Fairy Absinthe Inferno Ingredients: Serrano chilies, green Habanero, vinegar, cilantro, water, garlic, Absinthe, spices.

Ok, so here’s the low down, I like Absinthe and find it a fascinating drink with rich history. I like Absinthe related art pieces, I like Absinthe spoons with their varied designs, I like Absinthe glassware, I like Absinthe so much that I distilled two batches of it on my stove back in Los Angeles a few years ago. So, you can see how excited I was when I heard about this sauce.

This comes with a nicely designed label, adorned with the famed Green Fairy and sauce name embossed in the Chiller font set. It’s simple but quite effective. The sauce itself is pretty close to undiluted “Absinthe Green” as you can get without the use of artificial colors and is a medium thin consistency.

Coming in first on the taste band wagon is the vegetable flavor of unripened Serranos and Habaneros followed by Basil, cilantro, and vinegar. Then, smack dab in the middle is that recognizable Absinthe taste, just as funky and alluring as I remember it! After that comes the garlic. There is also a nice licorice flavor that you are left with in the aftertaste (also another Absinthe flavor derived from the use of anise). The heat is a medium with a burn in the center of the tongue and slight back of the throat.

This sauce is great when put directly on top of things. When mixed into or cook, the flavors seem to almost all but disappear which saddened me. Overall, Absinthe Inferno is a winner. It truly captures the flavor, color, and mystery of the drink. Have you seen the Green Fairy?

The Green Fairy Absinthe Inferno; Taste: 7.5, Heat: 4
06-26-2010, 09:08 AM
Sounds different and I like foods and sauces that take you to new places. Is Absinthe legal State-side or are you confined to a stove top in LA to catch that taste? You can get it here in Cowfart and I must admit that it has an effect all its own. But in a hot sauce? That's just too irrestible to pass up. Will surely be ordering some and thanks for the tip.

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
06-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Absinthe is legal in the US. Although, I want to say there's a limitation on it
07-11-2010, 10:50 PM
don't ask me, my temperature's rising Wink
07-16-2010, 07:31 AM
(06-26-2010 12:24 AM)ePhilosopher9 Wrote:  NOLA Hot Sauce Gourmet Show
Saturday, June 26, 2010Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Green Fairy Absinthe Inferno Ingredients: Serrano chilies, green Habanero, vinegar, cilantro, water, garlic, Absinthe, spices.

Ok, so here’s the low down, I like Absinthe and find it a fascinating drink with rich history. I like Absinthe related art pieces, I like Absinthe spoons with their varied designs, I like Absinthe glassware, I like Absinthe so much that I distilled two batches of it on my stove back in Los Angeles a few years ago. So, you can see how excited I was when I heard about this sauce.

This comes with a nicely designed label, adorned with the famed Green Fairy and sauce name embossed in the Chiller font set. It’s simple but quite effective. The sauce itself is pretty close to undiluted “Absinthe Green” as you can get without the use of artificial colors and is a medium thin consistency.

Coming in first on the taste band wagon is the vegetable flavor of unripened Serranos and Habaneros followed by Basil, cilantro, and vinegar. Then, smack dab in the middle is that recognizable Absinthe taste, just as funky and alluring as I remember it! After that comes the garlic. There is also a nice licorice flavor that you are left with in the aftertaste (also another Absinthe flavor derived from the use of anise). The heat is a medium with a burn in the center of the tongue and slight back of the throat.

This sauce is great when put directly on top of things. When mixed into or cook, the flavors seem to almost all but disappear which saddened me. Overall, Absinthe Inferno is a winner. It truly captures the flavor, color, and mystery of the drink. Have you seen the Green Fairy?

The Green Fairy Absinthe Inferno; Taste: 7.5, Heat: 4

I loved absinthe in sazerac. Is it true that absinthe has psychoactive properties?
08-07-2010, 03:48 PM
This is a funny story. I am a "Capsaicin Cowgirl", but I have taken my own sweet time working up to a certain heat level that I can tolerate.