Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Murder on the Capsaicin Express
04-29-2010, 12:04 AM
RE: Murder on the Capsaicin Express
My husband and I always make pretzels dipped in white chocolate for Christmas. About 10 years ago, he got the bright idea to sprinkle the pretzels with cayenne pepper. I refused to eat them. The next year, he put the cayenne directly into the white chocolate. I did try them, and there is a very nice, cumulative heat that sneaks up on you. When you first take a bite, they kind of taste like red-hots - not too spicy, just a little bite. Then after you have swallowed it, it crawls back up your throat and smacks you. I worked with a guy named Bill at the time who liked to try my various creations. I told him about the cayenne pretzels, warned him that other people had choked while trying to eat them, and he said the 3 macho words that made my husband cheer - "Bring it ON!" I warned him. I told Bill that he shouldn't have said it quite like that, because all it would do is encourage the sadist I married. He just chuckled and said "I can take the heat." Needless to say, my husband decided it would be amusing to put some extra cayenne in the pretzels for Bill since he claimed to be able to take it.

At this point I should mention that we did a radio show. A MORNING radio show. Bill decided to eat one of the pretzels during a 3 minute commercial break. He stuffed the entire thing in his mouth, and declared "this tastes kind of sweet, not too much heat. I thought these were hot!" Then he swallowed, and the pretzel must have been insulted, because it proceeded to choke my morning partner. His face was red, tears streamed out his eyes, and he was coughing incessantly for at least 10 minutes. He went right into the song from the commercial break instead of talking like we were supposed to do since he was incapable of speaking. I did bring some milk with me, knowing he would need it, and it brought his face back to a normal color. He vowed at that point that he would never again say "bring it on."
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Murder on the Capsaicin Express - Brutus - 04-19-2010, 08:00 PM
RE: Murder on the Capsaicin Express - spudpotatohead - 04-20-2010, 05:18 PM
RE: Murder on the Capsaicin Express - spudpotatohead - 04-20-2010, 07:27 PM
RE: Murder on the Capsaicin Express - Ani - 10-16-2011, 10:17 PM
RE: Murder on the Capsaicin Express - ENTREWHO - 04-21-2010, 06:52 AM
RE: Murder on the Capsaicin Express - zenjen - 04-29-2010 12:04 AM
RE: Murder on the Capsaicin Express - zenjen - 05-01-2010, 09:02 PM
RE: Murder on the Capsaicin Express - Rey - 03-24-2011, 10:50 AM
RE: Murder on the Capsaicin Express - Rey - 03-25-2011, 07:42 AM
RE: Murder on the Capsaicin Express - Rey - 04-01-2011, 08:35 AM