Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Seasonal Mystery
09-19-2010, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2010 12:30 PM by Mufasa.)
A Seasonal Mystery
Ok people - this crazy old dude in Iowa has evidently been mixing this potent concoction for over 35 years.... and now his son ( who evidently was passed the torch) has stopped the tradition. You can find sites with mourners of this rare and mysterious mixture, begging for more of the elusive elixir.

Boomer - yer reel smart (nu-cu-ler sub-moreen fisics and such) you know any pals in the import/export lab that can analyze this mixture and tell us what "spices" are in it, and to what ratio?
I can mail you a sample... I gottum tiny baggie around here somewhere.
* Hopes the "secret" ingredient is NOT MSG!

[Image: 0000023q.th.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Chef Howalds All "N" One Brand Seasoning

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-19-2010, 04:09 PM
RE: A Seasonal Mystery
Crazy old dude in Iowa? Why thats ME!!! I reckon its probly made from some sort of coon gristle, corn fertilizer, rat tails, and hawg jowels.....I can say that cuz I been thru Monrow Iowa wun day.

If thats the bottle I am thinking of its just salt, dried garlic, onion bits, celery seasoning, ground peppercorns, sage, and YOUR all time favorite - MSG! I can ask around to see, but its a local favorite for a lot of fried stuff like most redneks chaw up, like chicken gizzards, liver n onions, and cheap mozarealla sticks made from processed something or nuther. You could send me the sample, but most of the folks I know at that lab do astronomical physics, mathematical theory, and Higgs Bosun analysis, not chemistry. Not sure how well they would break down that sort of stuff.

Nu-cu-ler sub-moreen fisics eh - thats hilarious!!! You ought to try the study of "dark" energy. Fission is way too easy!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-19-2010, 04:20 PM
Hey - if you have access to this stuff, I will make it worth your while to export it by the case to Wichita, KS.

09-19-2010, 04:55 PM
I only know OF it, but for you - I'll see what I can do! I can scout it and get back to you!

09-19-2010, 06:35 PM
I like researching this sort of stuff, and this is what I've found out.

The trademark is owned by a fellow named Martin Harry Morh of Monroe, Iowa (see trademark info).

Alas, it does not appear to be available any more.

However... your intrepid servant discovered the following:

Quote:If you would like to know about the seasoning call 641-259-2895 it is Martin Mohr's house number. He would be happy to talk to you about the business and what is going on with the seasoning.
If you find something out, let me know. I'm very curious to see the result.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
09-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Can you research a henway for me then if you fellas are so smart please?

Don't talk smack about Total!!
09-20-2010, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2010 04:21 PM by Mufasa.)
(09-20-2010 02:49 PM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  Can you research a henway for me then if you fellas are so smart please?

About two pounds...? Tongue
Spoke with Mr. Morh - He said that he hadn't made it for over ten years... he had been outsourcing.
He declared personal bankruptcy a while back, but was taking down names and numbers for orders once all was straightened out. Not too convinced that it will ever be produced again though...
Thanks OHR. Boomer... no pressure dude.... <poke>

09-20-2010, 06:34 PM
The only pressure I feel is sitting upstairs chewing out the cats and our daughters. Thats why I am hiding in the dungeon......er, man cave!

09-20-2010, 06:45 PM
(09-20-2010 06:34 PM)boomer Wrote:  The only pressure I feel is sitting upstairs chewing out the cats and our daughters. Thats why I am hiding in the dungeon......er, man cave!

Spose it would be worse if she were chewing ON the cats.
You too have man-cave? Man-cave good!!

09-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Man Cave AWESOME! It isnt quite as man cavely as I would like yet, but at least I have a small fridge, 36 inch tv, my two computers, and a couple of gaming systems down here. Still need a couch .... but at least I can hide.

Then I can start putting in the knotty pine walls. Give it that man cave feel, complete with all my man cave decorations - which are currently hiding in my drafting desk where only I can ogle them on occassion!