Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Seasonal Mystery
09-25-2010, 08:05 PM
RE: A Seasonal Mystery
Any luck on the secret ingredients Boomer?

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Nope. The two folks I need to talk to are out of town. Something about business to tend to in Maine. As soon as they get back I can post something, but I finally got some work for my consulting business, and ya gotta make hay while the sun is shining, so running down to Monroe may have to hold off too.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Hey Mufasa,
I read your plight, and I was wondering if, between all of the wonderful participants on this forum and their favorite season salts, we could put together a custom blend recipe.
For instance, I use Pappy’s, and it says in the ingredients list that it has salt, spices (thanks guys) sugar, paprika, celery, onion, and garlic. Looking at your jar, I’d take out the paprika, and add maybe lemon peel? Dill? Parsley?
This could be kind of fun! What else would you put in there?

"Life ain't like books.
Books got somebody writin' 'em and tryin' to entertain ya.
Life is more like a set of Legos.
Unless you take care of 'em, you lose a few pieces and you end up steppin' on 'em with bare feet.
You gotta take care of your life."
~Laura Moncur
10-11-2010, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2010 03:49 PM by Mufasa.)
(10-10-2010 07:52 PM)HardwareGrl Wrote:  Hey Mufasa,
I read your plight, and I was wondering if, between all of the wonderful participants on this forum and their favorite season salts, we could put together a custom blend recipe.
For instance, I use Pappy’s, and it says in the ingredients list that it has salt, spices (thanks guys) sugar, paprika, celery, onion, and garlic. Looking at your jar, I’d take out the paprika, and add maybe lemon peel? Dill? Parsley?

Sage?

Oh - to respond to your quote: All things are possible... except....
"You will never sew up a gnats butt with a logging chain."

Ok - it's a Southern thing....

10-11-2010, 04:10 PM
I heard that line from a group of loggers in the Cascade Mountain Range in Oregon while doing a government survey for a subsidence. Curious boys those loggers - seems they love to climb standing timber without a safety harness.

I think the other half of the line they used was something like "...but it sure makes short order of the livestock!"

10-11-2010, 05:55 PM
(10-11-2010 03:48 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  
(10-10-2010 07:52 PM)HardwareGrl Wrote:  Hey Mufasa,

Sage?

Oh - to respond to your quote: All things are possible... except....
"You will never sew up a gnats butt with a logging chain."

Ok - it's a Southern thing....
I like the gnatt comment, that would be a very Pacific NW Logger thing to say! I have another one I was planning on changing to, "If you can't be a shining example, be a horrible warning!".
Forgive me, I missed Boomer's sage comment. So, if sage then probably no dill, maybe thyme?

"Life ain't like books.
Books got somebody writin' 'em and tryin' to entertain ya.
Life is more like a set of Legos.
Unless you take care of 'em, you lose a few pieces and you end up steppin' on 'em with bare feet.
You gotta take care of your life."
~Laura Moncur
10-11-2010, 06:50 PM
Hey - no two of anything I ever made ever tasted exactly the same way twice. I'm cool like that.... hehehehe

10-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Mufasa got the ju down!

10-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Funny guys, loggers. I know that I have a picture in one of my tool boxes that you might appreciate... or at least find amusing.
I'll see if I can scan it at work tomorrow and post it for your viewing pleasure.
Some of the crap I used to do even scares me now that I'm older and <snort> smarter.