Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Christmas!
12-28-2010, 02:49 PM
RE: Christmas!
The Pork came out too dry and salty. The wine is not yet right (or may never be). In spite of those set backs we had a nice time and ate some very nice food. I'm still listening the the 40's on 4 (they play old holiday music I've never heard of).
It truly has been a very merry Christmas!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-28-2010, 07:39 PM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2010 07:40 PM by Laffitupfzbl.)
Christmas morning, 2007. I grabbed a jug of my own pee out of the fridge and left the house...I was 8.5 months into a miserable pregnancy, fraught with complications. My son had been 'engaged' since before Thanksgiving (Google it). At this ...point I was on bed rest, being monitored every other day and collecting all of my pee for more tests (hence the pee in the fridge). My Significant Whatever had imbibed an entire bottle of rum, I think it was, the night before, so driving to the hospital with a stinky, hungover, still slightly drunk guy was fun. We get there, get hooked up, and after about an hour, the doctor said the four most beautiful words I'd ever heard: "We're going to induce!" HALLELUJAH! After 24 hours of labor, the doctor said "I don't think he's coming out that way." My son was 9.5 pounds, so I could have told him that 24 hours earlier. 10 minutes and one emergency c-section later, I had a gorgeous baby boy - Jameson King Curless. There are days when I wish he was back in there and not wreaking havoc on my home or soul, but he's still the best! And one week before Christmas 2010 - finding out I am pregnant again, when I was not supposed to be able to have more children. That is a true gift.
Hey, Boomer. I go to Eureka College - location of the famous "Eureka Speech" wherein Reagan basically jump started the whole SALT thing.
Find all posts by this user
12-28-2010, 08:10 PM
(12-28-2010 07:39 PM)Laffitupfzbl Wrote:  Hey, Boomer. I go to Eureka College - location of the famous "Eureka Speech" wherein Reagan basically jump started the whole SALT thing.

The Eureka Speech - the speech that in some ways cost me a job driving subs. I remember reading about it while I was at sea. Somewhere in my boxes of schtuff I have a copy of that speech, and a political cartoon of my ship too.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
12-29-2010, 08:37 AM
Hard to believe military personnel were cut due to Reagan, but it did happen that way. Weird, all the way around. It's kinda weird, also, being a liberal and going to Reagan's former college. I don't talk politics much, trust me.
12-29-2010, 09:33 AM
Congratulations on your pregnancy! That's a great Christmas gift. None more precious.

It's amazing how many memories there are at Christmas. From early youth to last year and all that's in between, I wouldn't change any of it. The various friends and family, some here, some gone...I'm thankful I had the time with everyone as it has made my life that much more meaningful "unquantifiably."
12-29-2010, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2010 10:38 AM by K4RM4.)
My boy Joey is 2.5 years old and seemed to get the Xmas thing. He had a great time and got an electric car from grammy. We are getting loads of snow right now and I am about to take the little bugger out...he's staring out the window saying,"I want to go out!!" Being 42 and having a baby is a strange thing indeed. It's like reliving childhood without any of the energy. My motto with Joey, just like NIKE is....JUST DO IT! Tongue
12-31-2010, 04:14 PM
Happy New Year - we are going into it about 6 hours ahead of you - so see you on the other side!!

Happy New Year.

As my Dad would say, "All you wish for yourself son!"
12-31-2010, 04:21 PM
So it's 2011 there? What?

Don't talk smack about Total!!
12-31-2010, 04:31 PM
So it's 2011 there? What?

Very nearly Mate - about an hour and a half to go. I was getting emails from Russia wishing me all the best a few hours ago.

Time Machine Mate - we all have one!!

Have a good un Mate!!
01-17-2011, 09:54 AM
So we still put on the lights at night. With all the snow it looks pretty, though I concede it's time to take down the tree! I'm milking it for all it's worth and I can use a little extra light in my life anyway!