Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pumpkins (and anything else in the squash family)
11-05-2013, 05:53 PM
RE: Pumpkins (and anything else in the squash family)
Jaw dropping/ dripping....cover it with bacon grease and stuff it with cheese! Thats how I like my pumpkin please! Sunset you definitely have an eye for some of the tastier looking dishes!

"Listen...Jump on a moonbeam and rise, ride it, glide it all the way"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Wow, Sunset! Good thing they don't make "smellovision" for our computers! We'd be crunchin on that picture!

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
11-06-2013, 11:19 AM
Welp, based on the replies it pretty much looks like obtaining the actual recipe is a BnG mandate.Smile

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
11-21-2013, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2013 03:36 PM by Sunset.)
K...it appears my seat of the pants ingredient speculation was in error. Looks like the smoked chicken threw me off, as I thought it was bacon. But guess what? When I prepare these bad boys there's gonna be some BACON in there!Big Grin

Enjoy...

6 Baby Pumpkins
6 oz smoked chicken
2 Tbsp Hot Chili Sauce
1 onion
1 Tbsp butter
6 oz heavy cream
1 Tbsp chives
6 oz Jarlsburg Cheese
S & P
LEMON BUTTER SAUCE
2 Shallots
1 cup wine
1 oz champagne vinegar
2 oz heavy cream
6 oz sweet butter
juice of one lemon
S & P
1 Tbsp chives
DIRECTIONS

PUMPKINS

Using a sharp knife remove the tops of the pumpkins, discard the seeds and season the inside of the pumpkin with S & P. Heat butter in a saute pan and cook the onion over medium heat until soft. In a bowl combine the smoked chicken, jarlsburg cheese, cooked onion, S&P, and chili sauce to taste. Rub pumpkins with olive oil. Fill the pumpkins with mixture and pour 1 oz heavy cream into each pumpkin. Place the tops on each pumpkin, cover with aluminum foil and roast the pumpkins in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until the pumpkins are tender
LEMON BUTTER SAUCE

Combine the Shallots, wine and vinegar in a sauce pan. Bring to a simmer and reduce by one half. Add the heavy cream and reduce again. Over low heat whisk in the sweet butter, piece by piece. Season with S & P and lemon juice. Add chives just before serving.

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
11-24-2013, 05:37 AM
(11-21-2013 01:36 PM)Sunset Wrote:  K...it appears my seat of the pants ingredient speculation was in error. Looks like the smoked chicken threw me off, as I thought it was bacon. But guess what? When I prepare these bad boys there's gonna be some BACON in there!Big Grin

Enjoy...

6 Baby Pumpkins
6 oz smoked chicken
2 Tbsp Hot Chili Sauce
1 onion
1 Tbsp butter
6 oz heavy cream
1 Tbsp chives
6 oz Jarlsburg Cheese
S & P
LEMON BUTTER SAUCE
2 Shallots
1 cup wine
1 oz champagne vinegar
2 oz heavy cream
6 oz sweet butter
juice of one lemon
S & P
1 Tbsp chives
DIRECTIONS

PUMPKINS

Using a sharp knife remove the tops of the pumpkins, discard the seeds and season the inside of the pumpkin with S & P. Heat butter in a saute pan and cook the onion over medium heat until soft. In a bowl combine the smoked chicken, jarlsburg cheese, cooked onion, S&P, and chili sauce to taste. Rub pumpkins with olive oil. Fill the pumpkins with mixture and pour 1 oz heavy cream into each pumpkin. Place the tops on each pumpkin, cover with aluminum foil and roast the pumpkins in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until the pumpkins are tender
LEMON BUTTER SAUCE

Combine the Shallots, wine and vinegar in a sauce pan. Bring to a simmer and reduce by one half. Add the heavy cream and reduce again. Over low heat whisk in the sweet butter, piece by piece. Season with S & P and lemon juice. Add chives just before serving.

This I will try, thanks for the goods SS. I haven't had Jarlsberg in quite some time and this sounds like a great reason to hit the store.

"Listen...Jump on a moonbeam and rise, ride it, glide it all the way"