Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The things kids say...
09-23-2010, 06:52 PM
RE: The things kids say...
LOL.... Ok when our oldest daughter(who will be 22 in Dec.) was 3ish we were in the car to which we heard the little voice in the back pipe up"we go donold's now? yes?" I'm looking around wondering where she could have seen the big golden "M" (and it was always a special treat to go there not a routine thing)there in the far distance was the letter M , we told her No and then with tears and a wavering voice that would melt any coldhearted person we hear"bbye, bbye teasburger,--sniff sniff-- bbye bbye ties, --sniff, sniff-- bye bye diet toke --sniff, sniff".
Story Number #2(with oldest) Now at the age of 5 she asked for a bird as a pet and we said yes to a parakeet. So Barry goes to the store to get one and before hand we had asked what color parakeet she would like, being able to choose from blues, or greens or yellows. She had decided on a blue and when she opened up the cardboard transport box she looks straight at my Hubby and in a serious tone says" Daddy where is my other one?" he replies "What other one?" with a somber look "My other Keet, you said I get a pair of them".

Story #3 With youngest daughter at the age of 3ish (who now will be 18 in Oct.)we were having a big family get together and my Mom and I were discussing keeping some of the food on ice so as not to get salmonella poisoning to which a small and demanding voice pipes up" Who are Sam and Ella and why would they becoming to our party?"

These are just a few of our favorites..

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2010, 07:32 PM
(09-23-2010 05:54 PM)boomer Wrote:  Wait wait wait - it does TOO take a long time. I can personally vouch for that one, and if you dont believe me, just ask my wife. Her complaint is "Why dont you use the DOWNSTAIRS bathroom!?!?!". Big Grin

do you play with the soap and blow bubbles when you wash your hands?
Tongue yeah, I didn't think so.

09-23-2010, 07:56 PM
Is that what the soap is for? Darn it, and to think all this time I've been playin rub a dub dub with that stuff!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-23-2010, 09:57 PM
My son just provided some new material. He was in his room, and he's at the age where breaking wind is funny (well, I guess it'll always be funny), and he let one rip, and then yelled, "Did ya'll hear that?"

Uh, yes, yes we did.

A party without cake is really just a meeting
09-24-2010, 03:14 AM
Oh, dear. If we're telling poop stories, I gotta bust this one out. We were in line at the store, waiting to check out. It was a super busy Saturday, of course. They can't ever do these things when the store is practically empty. In fact, Jameson had just turned two, so it was the after Christmas rush. So I look down at Jamer and his face is 'set' and he's turning a little red, which we all know what is going on. I started to say "Honey, are you OK?" But he cut me off mid sentence and YELLED "BE QUIET MOM, I AM POOPING!" Oh yeah. And it STUNK so I just had to leave my cart out in the aisle and take him immediately to the bathroom to change him, while people from 3 aisles in both directions were sniggering at us.
09-24-2010, 06:42 AM
I could fill VOLUMES, pardon the pun (rimshot plz!), of how both of my daughters have "blessed" their father with every bodily fluid known to mankind. From the projectile pooping incident in the parking lot of the pizzaria, to trying to get them to burp after feeding only to be doused with nice warm half digested baby formula, to having to go buy a brand new dress shirt because your youngest had an accident on it. The list is long and very distinguished.

I will not even go into the time when our youngest came out of the bathroom when she was 13 screaming because she had "started" and all I could do was laugh. I think thats how her mother justified me getting hit with a hairspray can!!!

09-24-2010, 09:32 PM
I have a kid right now, who, probably mostly for entertainment purposes, keeps opening the front door, turning around, sticking his rear out and breaking wind (rather loudly). His father and I are wondering if anyone has walked by our house while this is happening, and wondering what on earth is going on, seeing the front door open and then hear these ripping sounds, LOL!

09-25-2010, 06:34 AM
You know, which brings me to another point. You can tell when someone is not a parent, or not an involved parent, because they get all upset by bodily function stories about kids. One guy in particular would get on my FB account after these kinds of stories and say "That's gross, do you think the world really needs to know." This guy was the stay at home father of three kids. I found out later that his kids actually go to daycare while his wife is at work (HUH?). Then he'd leave at night most nights to either play music or go hear music. Aha. So you have three kids, but you're not that involved in their welfare, which is why poopy upsets you, cause you rarely have to deal with it. Sounds like you have your own issues, leave my poop stories alone.

Even my brother, who is a very proper type guy and has no kids, didn't get near as upset. But I can still tease him pretty well with a nice 'vomit to the mouth' story or two.
09-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Wait wait!
He takes his kids to daycare while mom is at work? And she stays married to him? And....and....am I the only one who sees a major catastrophe here? What a ....nevermind. ARRRRGGH!

Getting pooped on peed on threw up all over sneezed on coughed at hacked at drooled all over is a RIGHT OF PASSAGE as a parent. Its a merit badge of life. Its a medal of joy. Its like the worst stresses of life have no meaning when your kids are puking all over your brand new designer suit, or pooping all over your brand new tennis shoes because you were reaching for a new diaper and hadn't quite "covered" that yet.

At least your brother is a stand up guy.....

09-25-2010, 10:44 AM
I have some thoughts for the stay-at-home man who sends the kids to daycare while his wife works........but most of them should not be said here. If he doesn't wake up soon, he'll find himself in a studio apartment fending for himself.

I think that parents shouldn't bother wearing anything that is dry cleanable for the first 10-12 years of parenthood. Especially those first 7 years. Kids bring on messes, and we just keep reminding ourselves that we're washable. Though I will admit that it is frustrating when one has finished nursing a baby and then that baby spits up on the only nice dress she has, just before she's supposed to leave for church, lol.