Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night
09-28-2010, 01:00 AM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2010 01:06 AM by ePhilosopher9.)
RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night
A Meaure of McAllen eaux boi.

Time me lads and lassies, time.

Now it's a caravan, earlier it was a gypsy

... glad she left, the sun is up, the sky is blue, it's beautiful, and so are you, dear

Brutus!

Look around around around...

pardon me

let me begin again, as it were

When in West Palm Beach, do what?!?!?!?!

Worth Ave. is the Rodeo Drive of Florida and the Palm Beaches. It is an ultra wealthy assortment or designer boutiques for the rich from way back in Palm Beach - the ones with Old Money! However if you are like my husband and I are are more like ordinary folks going from paycheck to paycheck - you too can enjoy a modest day on Worth Ave. It is really a lovely place with very Italian architecture and atmosphere everywhere from its villaesque apartments with planter boxes everywhere overflowing with flowers to the cobblestone courtyards. There are so many nooks and crannys hidden away out of sight from street view and discovering their charms and mysteries is a true joy of an afternoon. There are outdoor cafes where you can get a pastry or a couple of chocolates. You can even get a reasonably priced pizza or sandwhich to go. Lots of photo ops. here and a great place for romance. For a slightly higher budget there are several restaurants you can lunch at and for the rich the exclusive boutiques are plentiful. The beach is a stones throw away . There are also some very interesting and at times odd folks too look at all dressed up in very fancy duds showing off their wealth.

And 16 fingers of Macallan's.
Tongue for what it's worth
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-28-2010, 04:01 AM
and that first sip was excellent, thank you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A12no1oHtc
09-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Oh dear.

I miss my collection soooo very much! A long time I go I had every one of their albums on vinyl. Every single one. I only listened to them sparingly because I wanted to keep them nice. I actually had several collections, including Led Zep. Unfortunately while I was off defending the country from communism, the Red Menace, and extra virgin olive oil, my young brother decided to use all of my disks for party favors one night at a party. When I came home every single record was ruined, bent wrote on, broken, scratched, melted and just plain tore up. To this day I cannot find any of those older ones even on CD, although I am sure if I went thru Amazon I could find them. Oh I got most of them in CD now, but, to me, those vinyls were golden!!

Snifl Snifl!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
04-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Oh, The Macallan. Probably my favorite libation. It doesn't have the chest expansion of, say, an Ardbeg or a Lagavulin, but it is silky smooth. Aging in former sherry casks balances the peat with a wonderful sweetness. I've had the 12, 15, 18, and 25 and actually prefer the 18. However, at $130 a bottle, it doesn't pass my doorstep too often.

I jumped the cliff with a dream to fly
Without knowing the weight of feathers
Find all posts by this user
04-14-2011, 01:25 PM
I've only ever had the Macallan 10 year old fine oak, primarily for financial reasons, and I thoroughly enjoyed it so I'm very much looking forward to the day I get to try the others. I keep meaning to pick up a bottle but the only time I'm ever in that environment is when i'm buying another whisky as a present for someone so it doesn't seem right to get anything for myself lol. I definitely see the appeal though, I think i'd be a disappointment to my nation if I didn't enjoy a wee dram!

There's a lot of it about.
04-14-2011, 01:45 PM
I first had a wee dram of the 12 yr last weekend. I think I will have more this weekend!!
04-14-2011, 01:45 PM
Y'all ought to try some of that CASK STRENGTH schtuff. OOOFDAH!

Nice thick and meaty - strong stuff too. If I can find some I will be adding that to my shelf. Thats some hearty stuff, and not for the feighn of heart fer sure!

04-14-2011, 06:02 PM
John came fifth and won a toaster......

Oh golly....that brought a tear to my eye. Very good Lenten humor.
04-14-2011, 06:12 PM
(04-14-2011 01:45 PM)boomer Wrote:  Y'all ought to try some of that CASK STRENGTH schtuff. OOOFDAH!

Nice thick and meaty - strong stuff too. If I can find some I will be adding that to my shelf. Thats some hearty stuff, and not for the feighn of heart fer sure!

The store had that one right next to the 12 yr Smile
04-14-2011, 06:49 PM
Ooooo yummy! 2Beers hubby brought some the other night...man strong but tasy. Not too unlike a rye, but now I am on a mission to obtain that very flavor!