Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night
11-14-2013, 09:37 PM
RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night
(11-13-2013 06:04 PM)VincentUlyssis Wrote:  
(10-14-2013 10:17 AM)smoker guy Wrote:  
(10-14-2013 09:53 AM)Sunset Wrote:  You've mentioned absinthe on a few occasions...do you get the real deal(wormwood) over there? All I ever see over here is basically 120proof anise liquor without the wormwood...

Lucid is the real stuff, Absente is not. Pernod brand is supposed to be coming back out with their original 1800's recipe. Iowa used to carry all three...but I haven't seen Pernod for a year or two. For me, Lucid is my brand of choice...it has no artificial colors or flavors as the other two brands. It also has a large amount of Grand Wormwood in it as well. I louche 1&1/2 oz of absinthe with 3 oz of spring water. Some people use a sugar cube, but I found it to be sweet enough without the sugar.

Of course, this was an unnecessarily long answer to your question, when all I had to say was yes. Smile

I drank Lucid-too much. I wasn't very Lucid. In fact I believe I got myself sick but I can't really remember much.
5 louches is the maximum amount I drink. Any more and I'm useless the next day...although, after 4 glasses on the 2nd of November I ran a 5k in 24:26.60. I placed 3rd in the 40-49 year old age group. Hmmmmm......

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2013, 05:25 AM
Excellent run, man!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-26-2013, 11:03 AM
A new taste:

I received a bottle of The Macallan "Director's Edition" as a gift and tried a wee dram last night. Lovely stuff!

"I don't cook; I prepare things." My late brother Bill
Find all posts by this user