Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pumpkins this year
11-21-2010, 09:02 PM
RE: Pumpkins this year
He loves to venture into the bathrooms and kids room, especially to dumpster dive. For a brief moment last week he was left alone with the bathroom door open and of course he took full advantage of it. I walked back upstairs to find the guilty party in the bathroom. Between his front paws was the handle to my razor. Blade was nowhere in site and handle was chewed. Mind you it was on the counter toward the back. He proceeded to get some H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide - syrup of ipecac for dogs) down the gullet and puked up...let's see...some soap, q-tips, kleenex, a dixie cup, and the chewed up razor. The blades were still in it, lucky butthead, but they were bent and definitely chewed on. He has eaten various other things. His favorite used to be socks. Those he would puke up on his own in about a week, because we never knew when he stole them. He is a big oaf of a dog, 100# and his head is at my hip. Small children could ride him as a horse. Kinda gallops like one, too. He will never learn his lesson though since he is always looking for the next fun thing to eat.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2010, 09:16 PM
WOW!
All my Lab does is collect socks into a pile to sleep with.
And counter-serf for the butter dish.
And shred my books.
And bark hysterically if a squirrel farts across the street.
And haul embarrassing things out of the bathroom trash at inopportune moments.
And....oh, never mind, I love her anyway, the nut.

"Life ain't like books.
Books got somebody writin' 'em and tryin' to entertain ya.
Life is more like a set of Legos.
Unless you take care of 'em, you lose a few pieces and you end up steppin' on 'em with bare feet.
You gotta take care of your life."
~Laura Moncur
11-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Hmmm how about a cat with a carb addiction. He'll turn his nose up at canned tuna juice or scraps of meat ,but oh my if you have a donut or toast or cheetos he's all over it.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
11-22-2010, 07:24 AM
We are trying to convince our daughter to get a dog, but they are so hung up on the cats its hard to get them to change their mind (they have their mothers stubborn streak in them!). I have always wanted a bull mastiff, but they are looking more towards a german shepherd. I figure a bull mastiff I could walk while riding my Harley up the street....

Haul embarassing things out of the bathroom? Who taught him that?

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-22-2010, 09:35 AM
There are times that I'd like to get a dog, as I think that it would be a more suitable pet for my son. However we have 4 cats who would quickly show the new canine who was in charge.

A party without cake is really just a meeting
11-22-2010, 09:38 AM
We have three cats - one of which belongs to our oldest who had to move back home. Our two other cats are black cats. Dont mess with Figaro - he messes back. Felix is our basket case. I can look sideways at him and he runs for the basement......kinda like my daughters used to do, only know they like to play mind games with dad.

How did they catch on to my games anyways???

11-22-2010, 10:49 AM
Until 3 weeks ago, we had 5 cats. However, over the years, we've had nearly 20 cats (at one time we had 14 calling our property "home"). I married a cat lover, who at time has acted as a "Good Samaritan" to other cats. The cats that we have now, I think know that they can get away with just about anything. There is always a cat who thinks that a lap is for them to lay in, any bed in the house is theirs. They believe that they own the place and if you tell them otherwise, they just look at you with that look that says, "I'll look like I'm listening, but I'm just humoring you".

A party without cake is really just a meeting
11-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Lately our one cat Figaro has a new game he plays. Its called lets lay on dads NECK! I can be watching tv one minute and have a face full of black fur the next. He loves to sit right on my left shoulder up against my neck, and this is a 15 pound cat!!! Not only does he KNOW he owns the place, but has that devil may care look that says "Yeah? And your point is?"

11-22-2010, 03:08 PM
This is Pete (Prince Peter vom Tru Grislibar is his AKC name)- probably about 6-8 months ago, so he would have been 8 months old or so. Not his 95 pound self, but getting there. I'd highly recommend German Shepherds, but I must say - DO NOT get a puppy unless you have the time for it. My significant whatever bought Pete for 'me' for a 'present' last Christmas. I was more of a mind to adopt an older dog because I've had Shepherds before and I knew that with going back to school, we would not have time to train or exercise a pup properly. Now we have a 95 pound 'stuff' eating machine because he is bored and not trained well. Note the chair and table legs behind him. Yeah, those were some of the first casualties in his conquest to mouth everything in my house. Needless to say, Pete and I have not been friends, even though he is 'my' dog. And I swear he ignores me because I'm the only woman in the house. Even my two year old can get him to sit, but not me. Damn dog. (A phrase that was repeated by my two year old in daycare one day, so now I can only say it in my head and type it. Damn dog!)
11-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Well thats what they keep telling me about mastiffs, and thats the problem. My wife and I just dont have time to train each other let alone a dog. Heck we have our hands full with the kids, and they both should be out of the house in just another couple years or so.

Damn dog - thats what my wife says when I come home every night!