Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Change of season
10-08-2010, 12:29 AM
Change of season
Thought folks could relate to a thread about change.
Of course we all have our ups and downs but Im talking about a total change. The kinds of change that brings life and joy, happiness and flavor. Like a new addition to the family, or "just got married"! Or a new career or promotion.

And on the flip side, it's a thread sensitive to losses too. The common losses I'm refering to more than anything. Just resigned from my job, I gain 53 lbs since highschhool and I cant sleep because I have tinitis in my left ear from my hihats. Normal stuff.

Any intrest in a thread like this?

Don't talk smack about Total!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2010, 08:30 AM
RE: Change of season
Hmmmm. I can dig it!

Like the change I just made not too long ago after three old decrepit crotchety old geezers finally retired and left me in charge of the nut house. It has its ups and downs, but the biggest up is when I want to take a day off to go riding my Harley (like today!) and see all the colors of fall, I dont have to go begging to anybody - I just do it now. The down side is I sure am a lot busier than I used to be.

Another change is one we are trying to make, which is proving to be a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. I work two jobs, and I am trying to pare it down to one, but my wife has some health issues which may force her to "retire" at 54 or so. When we weren't expecting it. We'll see. She hates her jobs anyways, but those financial obligations keep her working right now.

And that - boys and girls, is why I spend so much time on my Harley (aka in church!). Is that whatcha want there NBC??

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Right on! That's what im talking about Boomski.

For me, I just resigned from a life long career. And that choice definitely is wrecking havoc on my inner conscious. Seems to me that a life long set of goals just went south. I believe that every action must have a reaction most of the time. But I'm not gonna just lay down and die that's for sure. Something will come up, it always does.

10-09-2010, 07:43 PM
I was a contractor for the aerospace industry in 1998; I had just been "let go" from Gulfstream Aerospace after 17 years.
It seems they frown upon lifting co-workers off the floor by their throats... He asked for it. 'Nother story.

I had been here five months - working 65 hour weeks on a new aircraft series, when I came home to my apartment and found a Fedex package that contained divorce papers.
I read them, then called the only friend I had in Wichita... the rep that brought me here and signed my paycheck every two weeks. Dawn (Cujo).
I told her I was being divorced via Fedex, and asked her if she wanted to have dinner with a very shaken contractor.
She must have heard the devastation and disbelief, because she said yes. She's been the center of my life since August, 1998.

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
10-09-2010, 10:16 PM
while the cats are away from the continent, the mice will play. a whole new area just for jukeboxes, segregated by your limited mind and anything below sea level...

et voila:

http://www.youtube.com/user/9thWardJukebox

a whole new world :]

erasable by a flick of da ting mon
10-10-2010, 02:00 AM
(10-09-2010 10:16 PM)ePhilosopher9 Wrote:  while the cats are away from the continent, the mice will play. a whole new area just for jukeboxes, segregated by your limited mind and anything below sea level...

et voila:

http://www.youtube.com/user/9thWardJukebox

a whole new world :]

erasable by a flick of da ting mon

"wala" I do believe I understand.

10-10-2010, 07:54 AM
Trying to connect "Change of Season" with this... Maybe I'm limited?

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
10-10-2010, 09:11 AM
Time doesn't heal, it only becomes differnt as in change... sometimes better, sometimes worst. Everything changes and time eventually erases everything (perhaps not on the molecule level) is the only constant. That's to what I feel now but that could change? I've been dealing with degenerative disk disease and it finally got me in it's grips, forcing a complete life stlye change, which I am still trying to figure out. I've been forced to deal with worst and time didn't heal, it only became differnt.

I once asked Mr. Rogers for his autograph
10-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Ahhhh.....that brings me to another change. I am what they call an LSI (not CSI!!!) meaning Land Surveyor Intern. I have passed the intern test, but to obtain full licensure, I have to passs the professional exam. Because of all the "retirements" at my office, I would have thought for sure I would be next in line for promotion, right? Bad Boomer - never assume. Turns out I will not be considered for any promotion regardless of licensure. What a kick in the proverbial groin!!! I put ten years in with this office, and now this. So I am looking to change things, Maybe a new job in another state where my talents can be put to better use than mowing the darn lawn!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
10-10-2010, 12:07 PM
I'm nervously looking into buying a house so I can change from apartment dweller to home owner.
Also working on changing "girlfriend" status into "wife".
I'm getting the house even if I don't get the status change.
The thought of owning/caring for/fixing a house is scary!