Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Change of season
10-11-2010, 04:06 PM
RE: Change of season
I recently found that I really don't care to be a homeowner very much. I bought this huge house, with three baths, six bedrooms and blah blah blah. I'm an apartment kinda guy. I'm single hahanag. I shouldn't complain. All my friends are "a hapless victim".
Anyway, my brother has this cool apartment set up. "wanna swap"? "sure"! That easy. Now I'm livin easy baby. Cool thing about us is that we don't let details get in the way of what our ultimate desire is. Like the money differance is not a problem. It's always been cool like that.

Now we are happy as a pig in stuffSmile

Don't talk smack about Total!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2010, 04:15 PM
I feel that NBC.....I bought this house a little over two years ago, and I have days where I just hate the mowing hate the shovelling hate the gutters hate the kitchen.....blah blah blah! My wife wants some new kitchen cupboards....well, want in one hand poo poo in the other which one fills up first! Its a decent enough place, but needs some sorta handy man....and I aint DAT! I am too busy surveying designing residential subdivisions, riding my Harley, tasting new scotch. But, it does have an advantage. A man cave downstairs where I can hide out and do my thing....whatever that is.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-11-2010, 06:12 PM
My husby and I are also getting ready to put our house on the market for nearly all of the same reasons. We bought this house 13 years ago, and the "updating" that the previous owners did, was done very cheaply (PVC pipe as a shower curtain rod in the bathroom for example). We are also in need of a handy man, because those skills aren't among our "gifts". So we are going to sell, and rent a place where the landlord can be responsible for making sure that everything works.

I'm not sure if we'll ever buy again.

A party without cake is really just a meeting
10-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Buying a house takes a certain kind of person. Some folks just cant cut the mustard, while others like my dad embrace it. I just end up buying three of everything because I can usually get it right on the third try. Little spendy doing it that way, but hey. In my case I want to at least try. The house itself is sound, but we are learning a lot about how to attack certain areas. When we bought we thought 5 years was a good stepping stone to doing the kitchen, and its only been two so far. I can do it, but I just dont know how, and thats super frustrating for me. My worst nightmare is electrical. I couldn't wire a lightbulb from a powerstrip. I hate electrical. Plumbing is ok, but electrical is a pain in the.....heehaws!

10-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Our original plan was to only be in this house for 5 years, however, some financial setbacks kept us from selling and moving up to place with more space.

I will say this though: when my husby did repair something, he certainly looked more appealing than he normally does!

10-12-2010, 06:24 AM
Hey whoa there......thats gettin a little fresh with the company!!!

10-12-2010, 08:13 AM
(10-12-2010 06:24 AM)boomer Wrote:  Hey whoa there......thats gettin a little fresh with the company!!!

LOL! I didn't say that anything happened. However, when someone who is not normally a repairman, takes the time to learn how to replace the wax ring on the toilet (because your son shoves 13 Hotwheels and a plastic boat in the drain), I was impressed!

10-12-2010, 10:54 AM
Oh my virgin ears! SNIKR SNORT!!!!

10-12-2010, 11:31 AM
(10-12-2010 10:54 AM)boomer Wrote:  Oh my virgin ears! SNIKR SNORT!!!!

You must have worn ear plugs while in the Navy! LOL!

10-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Well, sorta - that was when Sony Walkmans were real popular, and I had mine on all the time, although, according to my wife, the use of the word "virgin" may be going way too far!!!!Big Grin

Once a sailor always a sailor but once a knight is enough.Tongue